Chapter 58 || "Not Today, Satan"

AN: i have an important message/announcement @ the end of this chapter so please don't skip it!

Shawn and I walk into my room, and I lay down on my bed. He lays down beside me, beginning to kiss my neck, but I shrug him off.

"Are you okay?" he asks, and I nod.

"Yeah, I just don't want to start that up again. I just wanted to lay here and cuddle." I say.

"I'm more than happy with that." he says, and I smile.

Shawn pulls the covers on over us, covering our naked bodies. I nuzzle up next to him, curling my body up in the fetal position so that our skin is touching. Shawn pulls me even closer, wrapping his arm around me. He kisses the back of my head and even though he can't see me, I smile.

"I love you." I say quietly, my voice barely above a whisper.

"I love you too." he whispers back, kissing the spot where my neck and my back meet. It sends a shiver down my spine, and Shawn kisses it again. "Not to ruin the moment, but when are you going to tell your parents about us?"

I sigh.

"I don't know. I'm not worried about them reacting to me having a boyfriend, because I already know they won't mind." I say.

"Then what are you worried about?" he asks.

"I'm worried about them finding out it's you." I finally reveal.

It's quiet for a moment, Shawn clearly trying to take in the news and process what it means.

"What?" he asks simply. I sigh, turning around in bed so that I can face him.

"It's not what it sounds like." I say.

"Oh really? Than what does it sound like?" Shawn asks. I can hear the anger rising in his voice.

"I just mean that with all of the times they caught me home alone with you." I try to explain.

"Helaina, that was only two times." he says.

"It was three, actually." I correct him.

"It was only three times! That's not a crazy number of times, and to be fair, we were studying each time." he reminds me.

"We only finished studying one out of those three times. We're just as guilty as they think we are." I say.

Shawn sighs, running his fingers through his hair. I sit up and look down at him, tracing my finger along his lips.

"I just don't get why you can't tell them. Not only did I tell my whole family about you, but you also met them."

"I'll tell them, you just have to give me a little more time. They're still mad at me for yesterday and Friday, and if they find out that you were in the mix, they're gonna start off our relationship disliking you."

"Fine, I'll give you time. You had an unfair advantage this whole time, anyway." Shawn says, and I laugh.

"How so?"

"It's not exactly easy to stay mad at your girlfriend after you just had sex with her and now her boob is hanging in your face."

I roll my eyes and laugh, laying back down. Shawn laughs as well and rolls over on top of me, beginning to kiss my lips. We spend the next hour laying in bed together, never going beyond making out and second base. When I feel Shawn start kissing me deeper and rub his hand on my inner thigh, I roll off of him and climb out of bed.

"Not today, Satan." I say, smiling at him.

"I'm sorry, what?" Shawn laughs, sitting up.

"Don't get the wrong idea Shawn. You don't have a condom on, and I don't feel like getting pregnant today." I say, walking over to my closet and pulling out new clothes to wear.