Chapter 47 || "We're Done."

AN: i just wanna explain that in the beginning of the chapter, when it's a flashback to the night at Kennedy's in italics, it's all from Julia's POV. just wanted to tell u guys so u don't get confused! keep that in mind when you're reading it.

My heart skips a beat and it takes me a minute to catch my breath. I look at Julia, hoping she'll burst out laughing any moment now and tell me that it's just a joke, but the laughter never comes. Instead, her face remains somber and serious and I feel my stress levels reach an all-time high.

"Julia, I need you to explain to me everything that happened after Shawn and I left." I say carefully. She nods.

"Okay, well..." she begins.

I stare at Ben, eagerly awaiting his answer. I secretly suspect he's going to respond by saying I'm the only he thinks is hot, and I know it's going to drive Carson insane. Now I know that if Carson really is cheating on me, he'll stop and do whatever it takes to fully win me back.

"It's Helaina." Ben says, and my jaw drops so fast that I'm surprised it doesn't fall off.

My head whips around to look at Helaina, who looks like she's going to be sick. Her face is paler than ever before and she's clutching her stomach, her body swaying back and forth ever-so-slightly. I look over at Shawn, who's jaw is clenched so tightly that I worry he'll crack a tooth. His arms wrap protectively around Helaina and he pulls her closer, giving Ben the death-stare.

Ben is just staring back at Helaina, a dazed look in his eyes and his mouth slightly ajar as he possibly wonders why he did what he just did. Beside him, Kennedy's entire face has dropped and gone slack. I know she's going to lose it any moment now. Her bottom lip is trembling like crazy, tears threatening to spill and her hands shaking in her lap as she tries to remain calm and composed. She's failing miserably.

"We're leaving, Helaina." Shawn say, snapping everyone out of their daze. He jumps up and pulls Helaina up with him, who's unresponsive. Even when Shawn walks, Helaina remains limp and lifeless in his arms, only her feet functioning as she shuffles out of the room, clearly still trying to process what's going on.

The second we hear the front door slam shut behind Shawn and Helaina, Kennedy leaps into action. She jumps on Ben and begins punching him, screaming and sobbing as she does so. I look on in horror as I watch her continue to assault Ben and he does nothing to fight back.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, Ben!" Kennedy sobs, punching him in the arm. "How could you do this to me?"

"I'm sorry Kennedy! I didn't know it was such a big deal!" Ben yells back, pushing her off of him.

"Don't fucking touch me!" she screams, shoving him back. "Of course it's a big deal! Helaina's supposed to be one of my best friends!"

"We're going to go..." Mason says quietly, standing up. Him and Evelyn slowly make their way to the exit and back out of the room.

"Why would Julia ask such a stupid question?" Carson asks, looking at me. My jaw drops slightly and I shake my head.

"Don't drag me into this, Carson!" I yell.

"You dragged yourself into it when you asked Ben the question!" Carson screams back.

"I thought he was going to say me, not Helaina!"

"Why would that be any better, Julia?" Kennedy cries. "I thought you guys were my friends!"

"We are, Ken! I just thought it would be funny to make Carson jealous!" I tell her.