Chapter 12 || "Let's Play A Game"

"There you are! What took so long-" Julia begins, but abruptly stops when she sees me and Shawn walking out together. She raises an eyebrow and look at me for an explanation.

"I'm failing physics and Mrs. Hernandez is making Shawn tutor me." I say.

"Why wouldn't she ask me? I'm your best friend and I have an A in her class." Julia says.

"We wouldn't get anything done. Plus, she said Shawn has the highest grade in the class." I explain, and Julia nods.

"Do you still need a ride home?" Julia asks, and I nod, but Shawn speaks up before I have the chance to do so.

"I can drive us since we're going to your house." Shawn says, and I watch as Julia's jaw drops. Shawn starts walking down the hallway and I start following him.

"I'll text you." I whisper to Julia, chasing after Shawn as he's already halfway down the hall. "Can you wait for me!" I yell, and he turns around and stops, staring at me.

"You walk too slow." Shawn teases, and I roll my eyes, ignoring his rude comment.

"Why couldn't we have done this at your house?" I ask, and he shrugs.

"I don't know, why does it matter?" he retorts.

"It doesn't, I was just asking." I respond, and we walk for the rest of the time in silence. When we walk outside to the student parking lot, I follow behind Shawn until we reach a black pick-up truck. He unlocks the side door for me, and I thank him, climbing inside. I sit down and put my bag on the floor. Moments later, Shawn is in the truck as well and turns the car on.

"Just tell me where to go." Shawn says.

"Do you know where David's Bagels is?" I ask, and he nods. "Head in the direction. It's the neighborhood right past that plaza. If you keep going straight you'll see the neighborhood on the left." The car lurches forward and we start on down the road. "So, what did Mrs. Hernandez promise you in return for tutoring me?" I ask.

"Why do you assume she's giving me anything?" Shawn asks, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Who would tutor someone for free?" I ask.

"Me, because I'm such a good person." he jokes, and I laugh. "No but really, she gave me extra credit."

"Why do you need extra credit if you have the highest grade in the class?"

"It doesn't hurt to have it in case I need it." Shawn says.

A few minutes pass and I notice we pass the plaza where David's Bagels is, so I get Shawn's attention.

"It's the next turn." I tell him. In a few hundred feet, he puts his blinker on and turns into my neighborhood. "Keep going straight and make a right hand turn on the last street. It's the last house at the end of the road." I instruct him. We pull up in front of my house and there's no cars in the driveway, so I tell him to just pull in the driveway.

"Is anyone home?" Shawn asks, and I shake my head.

"Nope. My brother Luke is a freshman and he went on a field trip with his history class today, and after that he has lacrossse practice. My little sister Ava is still in middle school so they get out after us, and she usually goes to a friends house after school because she has dance practice every day at four." I explain, getting out of the car with Shawn.

"What about your parents?" he asks.

"My mom has her own law firm so she works until five every night and my dad's a surgeon at a hospital so he works all day long most days and doesn't get home until most nights." I say. "So it's just us in the house." Once I say the words, I finally realize why Shawn asked and insisted that we go to my house. I push the thought away. He's here to tutor you because you're failing physics, not for anything else. I remind myself.

I pull my key out and unlock the door, stepping inside. Shawn follows behind me and I close the door and lock it. I head upstairs, motioning for him to follow.

"Your house is really big." Shawn says, and I shrug.

"I guess in comparison to some houses it is, but most of the homes in this town are about this size or bigger." I say. We head into my room and I put my book bag down on the ground, sitting down on my bed as I take off my shoes. Shawn gently closes the door behind him, putting his bag on the ground. Once I get both my shoes off, I look up and notice for the first time how quiet it is. I look at Shawn to find him already looking at me. Our eyes meet, and I feel a pull towards him that's becoming harder and harder to ignore. He looks down at my lips and his tongue darts out to wet his own, his hand flying up to go through his.

"Where should I sit?" Shawn asks quietly, his voice breaking the silence. I point to my desk, watching as his muscles bend beneath his shirt as he sits down and lifts his physics books out of his bag. I snap myself out of my daze and grab my books as well, trying to distract myself from the building tension in the room.

"What should we work on first?" I ask, clearing my throat. I flip through my binder and reach our current section of notes.

"What about vocabulary?" Shawn suggests. "You have to know and understand the basis of the section if you want to be able to do it." I nod, and Shawn stands up from the desk, walking over to sit on the edge of my bed. There's about five feet between us, but right now, I wish there was none.

"What's the definition of work?" Shawn asks, speaking quietly despite the fact that we're the only ones home.

I rack my brain for any key words, trying desperately to remember the definition, but right now, the only thing I can focus on is how tight my chest feels and how much I want to jump on Shawn.

"I don't know." I admit, and he breaks our eye contact, looking down at his notes to read me the definition.

"Work is the transfer of energy to a body by the application of a force that causes the body to move in the direction of the force." Shawn says, putting his binder down as he slowly moves closer to me. "Right now, the theoretical work is pulling my body to yours. The energy between us is moving me to you."

Shawn's right next to me now and we're facing each other, our quiet breathing the only sounds in the entire house.

"I see." I whisper, my mouth parting as I begin to pant. I don't know how much longer of this I can take. Shawn must sense it too, because he slowly begins to move in, our lips inching closer and closer. I close my eyes seconds before our lips meet, and when they do, I feel fireworks go off inside me. Shawn's hands slide up my neck, cupping my head as he kisses me. I gently push him back onto my bed, climbing onto his lap as we continue to kiss. The kisses gradually turn from slow and sensual to hot and heavy. I remove my mouth from Shawn's and kiss down his neck, beginning to suck on his neck. His breathing gets louder, and his hands find their way to my hair.

My phone vibrates on my bedside table loudly, breaking me out from my hypnotic trance. I shoot off of Shawn, jumping up to grab my phone. Julia's calling me. I answer the phone, holding it up to my ear.

"Julia? Why are you calling me?" I ask, confused. She never calls- she only ever texts or FaceTimes me.

"I don't know, I didn't want to text you but I also didn't feel like going on FaceTime." Julia says, and I feel Shawn come up behind me, tucking my hair behind my ear so that the side of my neck is exposed. I suddenly feel his warm, plump lips make contact with the sensitive skin, and I hiss. "What was that? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I say, trying my best to breathe normally so that she doesn't suspect something's up. "So what's up? Why did you call me? Shawn's here tutoring me so I can't talk for long."

"I was going to ask what's up with Shawn!" At the mention of his name, Shawn sucks harder on my neck, biting down on the tender skin that's even-more sensitive now than it was before. I quickly mute the call so that I can still hear Julia but she can't hear me. "What happened in physics?" I let out a gentle  moan, unable to contain myself any longer. Shawn roughly pulls my hair, earning an even louder moan this time. "You didn't seem like you wanted to kill him anymore at the end of class."

I turn the mute off before responding to Julia.

"I don't know, he apologized. Listen Julia, can we talk later? I hear Shawn coming back from the bathroom." I lie, feeling Shawn rubbing against me. I can feel something hard in his pants, and I know it's not his phone in his pocket.

"Yeah sure, call me when you can."

"Okay bye." I say, hanging up before she has the chance to respond. I throw my phone back on the nightstand, not caring where it lands. I turn to face Shawn, pushing him back onto the bed. I climb back on top of him, getting ready to lift up his shirt, when he stops me.

"Wait a second." Shawn says, and I look at him, panting.

"What?" I ask. We've come this far, is he suddenly going to stop me from taking off his shirt now?

"Let's play a game." Shawn says, sitting up.

"A game?" I frown, climbing off his lap.

"I'll quiz you on your vocabulary. Every time you get one wrong, you have to take off an article of clothing." Shawn smirks, and I hesitantly bite my lip, debating if I want to agree.

"What if I get one right?" I ask.

"Then I'll take something off." Shawn says, and that's all the convincing I need.

"Okay, let's play."

-
-
-

AN: Just a little warning that the next chapter is going to be a little NSFW, so if that's not your kind of thing, you may want to skip ahead a little. It's not anything crazy, but I thought it's worth mentioning. Don't forget to comment and vote! Hope you enjoy!