Chapter 11 || "What About Your House?"

The day leading up to physics go by painfully quick. While I normally would be happy to be minutes away from my last class of the day, today is the exception. Today I will have to see Shawn Mendes and try to stop myself from committing murder and going to jail.

"What are you going to do when you see him Helaina?" Charlotte asks from across the table. I shrug and sigh.

"I don't know. Julia may have to hold me back." I half-joke, and they laugh,

"That's so messed up. You didn't even do anything crazy with him!" Kennedy exclaims.

"Don't worry, we were all there and we know he's lying. Everyone here will defend you if it comes down to it." Julia comforts me, and everyone at the table nods. The bell rings, and I feel my heart drop into my stomach. We all stand up from the lunch table, everyone giving me pats on the shoulder and "Good luck"'s. I nod and thank them, walking besides Julia. We head back into the building and with each step, my heart pounds faster and louder in my chest. As we turn the corner and I see Mrs. Hernandez standing outside the classroom handing a worksheet to everyone who walks inside, I inhale sharply and keep walking.

"You're fine Helaina. Shawn is a piece of shit and you can't let him know you're affected by any of this." Julia says in attempt to soothe me. I nod and we inch closer to Mrs. Hernandez until we're finally at her door.

"Hi Julia, hi Helaina. Make your way over to the lab tables and get with the same partner as Friday. We're going to be doing another lab today." Mrs. Hernandez greets us, handing over a new packet. We take it and walk inside and I groan at the sight of Shawn sitting down at table 5- our table.

"Of course we're doing another lab today; just my luck." I complain, frowning as I walk with Julia.

"You could always explain the situation to Mrs. Hernandez. I'm sure she'd understand and be willing to switch your partner." Julia offers.

"Oh yeah, let me just tell our science teacher that me and my lab partner got wasted and hooked up this weekend, but now we can't work together because he slut-shamed me on Twitter and everyone in the school thinks I'm slutty now. Great idea Julia, why didn't I think of that?" I snap, and Julia rolls her eyes.

"I know you're in a bad mood so I'll let this slide, but that doesn't mean you have to be so bitchy and take it out on me." Julia responds, walking away from me.

I sigh and walk over to table 5, sitting down in my seat besides Shawn. I scoot my chair away from him and turn my body in the opposite direction, covering my face with my arm as I raise it to my head and pretend to read the packet. I hope he'll get the hint, but of course, I have no such luck.

"Hey baby girl." Shawn teases, whispering to me. I clench my jaw and ignore him, but he grabs the paper out from under me. "Hey, look at me when I talk." I continue to ignore him, refusing to give in, but he grabs my arm and pulls my body in his direction, forcing me to look at him. "Why are you ignoring me?" Shawn asks, holding my hand in his lap and rubbing my skin with his thumb.

"What the fuck is your problem?" I snap, yanking my arm away from him. I must catch him by surprise, because he mouth opens a little in shock and his eyebrows push together in confusion.

"What are you talki-" Shaw begins, but I cut him off.

"You're disgusting, did you know that? Who do you think you are to talk about somebody you barely know like that?" I yell, making sure to keep my voice quiet enough that it doesn't attract the attention of Mrs. Hernandez or our fellow classmates.

"You saw my tweets, didn't you?" Shawn asks, his face turning pale. I nod and look away in disgust. "Listen, I'm really sorry about that, I-"

"If you were so sorry you would have deleted it." I spit.

"I did." Shawn states, and I blink.

"What? No you didn't, I saw the tweets this morning." I reply, trying to think back to when I read Julia's messages.

"You couldn't of. I tweeted them early Saturday morning and as soon as I woke up the next morning and saw them, I deleted them." Shawn defends himself, and I shake my head, trying to make sense of the whole situation

"Why would you send it out to begin with?" I ask.

"I was drunk, and then I got high and my judgement was impaired. I don't know why I said that, but I'm really sorry." Shawn apologizes, and I cross my arms.

"I don't think I should believe you." I say.

"What? Why not?" Shawn asks.

"I barely know you, and in the short amount of time that I've had contact with you, you've done nothing but tease me and make me feel like shit." I remind him.

"You didn't feel like shit on Friday night when your hands were in my hair and you were begging-" Shawn begins, but my hands fly up to his mouth and quiet him. I feel him smirk against my lips and he bites down on one of my fingers. I quickly pull my hands back and try to stop my face from turning red.

"This is exactly what I mean!" I exclaim and he chuckles.

"I don't know how else to show you I'm sorry." Shawn says, and I shrug.

"There isn't any other way, I just need you to stop acting like a dick all the time towards me and actually show some compassion for once." I say. Shawn nods.

"Got it. I'll stop acting like a dick to you and instead just start giving it to you." Shawn says smugly, and I shriek.

"Oh my God, that's not what I meant." I blush.

"It's what you meant on Friday." Shawn says, and I have to stop myself from looking into his rich, caramel-colored eyes and plump lips before I say something that I'll regret. You're supposed to hate him. I remind myself.

"Off to a great start I see." I say and he laughs. Shawn picks up the packet and starts reading it aloud to me and before I know it, the bell rings and class is over. As I begin to help Shawn clean up our lab table, Mrs. Hernandez calls me over.

"Helaina, can you come here for a minute?" Mrs. Hernandez says, and I nod, picking up my bag and making my way over to her desk.

"Wait for me outside the classroom if you get out there before me." I say to Julia as I walk past her. She nods and I walk over to Mrs. Hernandez' desk.

"Is everything okay?" I ask once I reach her, and the moment I look into her eyes, I can tell everything is the opposite of okay.

"Actually, no. Helaina, you're failing physics." Mrs. Hernandez says to me. Suddenly, the whole world starts spinning. I grab onto her desk for support, trying to calm down the best I can, but it's useless. My entire world feels as though it's falling apart before my very eyes.

"I don't understand how this is possible, I-" I stutter, trying to make sense of the situation. Mrs. Hernandez cuts me off, her eyes clearly showing sympathy towards me for the situation.

"Don't worry, I know you've been trying your best to avoid this and get your grade up, so I've decided to ask the person with the highest grade in the class to tutor you for an hour or two after school every day until your grades get back up." she explains, and I instantly feel slightly better. I nod, beginning to catch my breath.

"Thank you so much Mrs. Hernandez, I promise I'll work as hard as possible. You won't regret this." I say, and she nods. Just as I'm about to leave the door, I turn around and ask her, "If you don't mind me asking, who's my tutor going to be?"

"Shawn Mendes." she says, and just like that, the room starts spinning again and the memories of Friday night come rushing back.

"Oh, I'll do more than that." Shawn says, lifting me up in the air. I wrap my legs around him, and he carries me over to the counter before putting me down on it. He kisses me a few more times on the lips, then moving down past my neck and making his way to my collarbone. He kisses along it and goes even lower, kissing the top of my breasts. When he begins to bite down and suck on the skin, I stop him.

"No, don't do that there." I say.

"What? Why not? Do you have a boyfriend that will kill you if he finds out?" Shawn jokes, continuing to bite down.

"No, but I do have a dad that will find you and kill you if I come home with a hickey on my boob right where he can see it." I warn him, and he nods, pulling away.

"Well then I guess we'll just have to do it where he can't see it." Shawn says, and before I have the chance to ask him what he means, he begins to lift up my tank top. Oh.

I take it off myself without thinking, and he moves closer, sucking on the skin right above where my bra stops. I throw my head back in bliss at the feeling of him doing that, but once I get used to the feeling as much as possible, I lean in and begin to attack Shawn's neck. He pulls on my hair, making me bite down harder on his skin. This time, he's the one that groans and I feel a fire light inside me. My hands slide under his shirt, and I go to remove his shirt.

"Hello? Helaina, did you hear me? I said Shawn is going to be your tutor." Mrs. Hernandez says, interrupting my flashback. I nod and swallow, glancing across the classroom as I notice Shawn is the only one still in here. He's staring at me, and Mrs. Hernandez calls him over. "I would recommend starting today if it's possible because we have a test next week and that could help bring your grade up if you do well on that."   

"I'm free today if you are." Shawn says, looking me in the eyes.

"I, um, yeah sure." I stumble, clearing my throat. I'm going to be alone with Shawn every day after school for two hours. How am I ever going to survive this? "What about the school library?" I suggest, wanting to be somewhere public enough that it will stop me from doing anything else that I might regret.

"The school library is closed after school on Mondays and Wednesdays." Mrs. Hernandez interjects.

"What about your house?" Shawn asks, and my heart stops. I'm horrible at lying and I know that I won't be able to come up with a believable excuse as to why Shawn wouldn't be allowed in my house, so I force myself to nod.

"That's fine." I say, and I see a hidden smirk on Shawn's lips.

"Great! Good luck with the tutoring Helaina, I really hope this will help bring your grade back up." Mrs. Hernandez smiles, and I weakly return the gesture.

"Bye Mrs. Hernandez." Shawn says, heading for the door. I follow behind him and wave goodbye to Mrs. Hernandez.

"Bye guys." Mrs. Hernandez responds, and the door shuts behind us.