I escaped way too many times...

Chapter 2

"Beverly, this is your new room," Mrs. Veil smiled, as she opened the door to a very...orange room. The walls were orange, but the bed was orange and white. Actually, everything was orange and white. It somehow managed to work out though, and not look tacky.

"Thanks," I muttered, as I finished surveying the room.

"Okay, John and I are just down the hall from you, and Brandon's room is right across from you. By the way, my name is Joan. Don't be afraid to ask for anything," She said once again, before shutting the door.

I have a question, when can I go home?

I let my cats roam around my new room as I set up their litter box and other their bed. They usually behave, and don't get into trouble.

I gazed at myself in the mirror before leaving my room. I was met with baby blue eyes, straight, mid back hair, pouty pink lips, and perfectly curved eyebrows. Not a pimple or mole in sight. I had a small butt and chest, but I still had slight curves. I knew I was pretty, but I never thought of myself as beautiful.

Why would a their son be interested in me? Maybe he is lying, just to please his parents...

I shrugged as I went to my walk in closet. I was still in my work outfit. I replaced my work shirt with a plain grey shirt and left the room, shutting the door behind me so that my cats couldn't leave. While I was walking down the hallway, I spotted another tall figure, but this time it was leaning against the wall. He looked similar to Brandon, except this guy had black hair.

"Beverly, right?" He smirked at me.

"Um, yea," I replied skeptically.

"I'm Damien, Brandon's twin. The more fun and easy going one."

"So Brandon's strict?" I asked.

"No, he's a play boy. Girls are like gum to him. Chews on them, then spits 'em out when they get stale. After that, he just gets a new one. I'm more of a party guy. Girls are fun, but drinking is much better." He finished with a small sigh.

"So, does he have a girlfriend?" I asked again.

"Brandon doesn't do girlfriends. He has partners for short periods of time. They like to call themselves his girlfriend, but they really aren't." He said, giving me a look that almost made me mistake him for Brandon.

"Well, it was nice meeting you, Damien." I said, crossing my arms.

Instead of leaving, he ignored what just came out of my mouth and said, "How about I show you around a bit? This place is pretty big." He smiled, and put an arm around my shoulders, making me more uncomfortable than I already was.

"Sure?" I responded uneasily.

Brandon's POV:

Wow, I thought, she's actually very beautiful. I had the impression that she was a girl who needed money and that was it. Instead, she was absolutely gorgeous. With her long sandy hair, bright blue eyes, full, pouty lips, and petite, mildly curvy figure, she was bound to make any guy fall in love. She was like someone from a dream.

When I first laid eyes on her, I knew she was my mate. Dad always explained it. Once you laid eyes on the one you would know it straight away. The world would pause around you, and time would halt. For that moment, your only focus in life is them.

And that's exactly what happened.

I know I can be cocky, rude, self-centred, and many other things. But I was not a player like my brother. I didn't use girls like Damien did. Sure, I had my fair share of girls. But, I don't have a new girl under my arm every week, like Damien.