FLITC | Connect Four

"You cheated Ayana!" Justin exclaimed throwing his hands in the air in defeat.

"How?!" Ayana laughed. "How can I cheat on this game?"

"You knew where I was gonna put my checker at!" Justin whines pouting his lips and crossing his arms like a child.

Ayana rolled her eyes playfully and restarted the game of connect four. They have been playing for a while now and so far Justin was on a straight third losing streak against her.

"Next time, I'm gonna win," Justin mumbled underneath his breath as he placed his yellow checker in the slot.

It was the next day and the relationship between the two young adults were slowly blooming. Justin was starting to feel like himself again and he loved it. Ever since he landed on the streets he felt like he had totally lost himself. Thanks to Ayana, he was starting to return back to his old ways. She loved the smile he had on his face when they were together. It brought her so much joy seeing him looking happy while he was here with her.

"I don't appreciate you making me lose," Justin grumbled.

"I'm not the one making you lose," Ayana hums.

"Well..can you stop trying?" Justin whined.

She looked at him, tilting her head a bit, "Then what's the point of playing Justin?"

"The point of the game is for me to win," Justin says dramatically.

Ayana covered her mouth as she bursted into fits of giggles. Then when she accidentally snorted then it made everything ten times funnier.

"Your snort is so cute," Justin laughs holding his stomach.

"Don't talk about it!" Ayana whines covering her face out of embarrassment.

Everything about Ayana was completely adorable. She didn't have to try too hard to make Justin laugh or even smile. Ayana was the kind of girl that Justin wouldn't mind being with. She was kind, very smart, and funny without even realizing it. Deep down he was insecure that he would probably never be good enough to be with her because Ayana was so amazing to him. He was a homeless guy living in her house and he didn't know how long that was going to last. Unfortunately, his mood had completely changed just thinking about leaving Ayana sometime soon.

Just before he was about to put his checker in the slot a ray of sunlight started to shine on his face, almost blinding him. He looked out the window seeing that the sun was shining bright outside and the grey clouds were no longer in sight. Justin stopped what he was doing and got up from the couch, slowly walking over to the window to look outside.

The snow was starting to melt and the roads were kinda clearing up. Some people were outside getting snow off their cars or even getting ready to leave the apartment's parking lot. Justin thought about him having to leave out of Ayan's place and going back to his alley wall.

Ayana walked over to Justin, putting a hand on his shoulder, "Are you okay?" She asked.

"I have to leave soon..don't I?" Justin asked turning to her with those sad brown eyes staring into her concerned ones. He hated the fact that his get away paradise might be shortened than expected.

"Justin," Ayana says sighing and taking his hand in her own. "Stop worrying so much."

Justin's dark eyebrows pinched together, ready to interject, "But don't you—,"

Ayana interrupted him from rambling, "Won't you here? Yes, of course I do."

"I don't want to be a bother," Justin says with a soft voice as his head dropped to the ground.

Ayana boldly lifted his chin up to make sure that he is looking at her, "No babe, you're keeping me company..and I like you being here with me."

He melted at her words, "You do?"

"From the bottom of my heart," Ayana gave him a peachy smile before standing on her tippy toes to give him a quick kiss on the cheek, causing his face to turn to a light pink. Her smile widened. "I want you here Justin, okay? Don't worry about leaving because..I-I don't want you leaving anytime soon."

Justin nodded his head before biting his bottom lip to prevent him from cracking a huge smile. He was sure as hell grateful for this remarkable girl who has definitely changed his life for the better.

-

vote/comment
- BookOfBandz