Chapter 22

I'm claustrophobic as it is and the heat from the curling iron was killing me. My mom's super on edge and honestly I don't think she'd ever stop trying to profect my make-up if we didn't have a group of one-hundered people outside. "Mom, I think I'm good on the lipstick, really," I whinned. "Just a little more-" she began.

I wrapped my hand around the one she had working on my lips, and brought it down in front of her. "Right," she let out a sigh and looked around the room. "Well you should probably get dressed," she decided and stepped into the hall. I quickly looked over to my flowing white dress. A sleveless low cut top and cropped front. The back had a short train that barley touched the floor. It was snow white with silver swirls stitched into the very top. A shimmering belt rest right below the chest area where a clear jewel was placed. 

I grabbed the hanger it clung to, bringing the dress down to my chest. I looked at myself through a long body length mirror. "You look beautiful," her fimiliar voice spoke. I turned my head to see Myranda, all dressed up in her dark blue brides maid dress. "Like my maid of honor could suggest otherwise," I said in that sarcastic know-it-all tone. Myranda rolled her eyes and made her way to me. "I'm serious, you could lose the lipstick though." She rested her head on my shoulder and gazed at us into the mirror. "So, how do you feel?" Myranda questioned as she looked me up and down. 

"Honestly?... I think I'm going to hurl," I stared to grind my teeth together. "Hey," she placed her hands on my shoulders and turned me to face her, "that's a good sign. It means your excited...?" She said this more slowly as if it would make me understand more easily. She sighed, "Just keep your chin up and don't drop your bouquet. Okay?"

"Okay," I repeated and looked into her eyes as a smile emerged on both of our faces. "Good luck!" she said happily into my ear as we hugged. The moment Myranda left I rubbed off the idiotic bright red lipstick. From there I got dressed and pulled back my hair. Most of it I put into a clip(where I inserted my veil) with two lone curls placed on either side of my face. I zipped up the back of my dress and replaced the nasty red paint with a light gloss for my lips. That was it, time to go. 

                                                                                   *   *   *

Just to think only yesterday morning I was sitting in our living room getting scolled by my mother for being stupid and careless. Apologizing a thousand times to Taryn and Haley who seemed to care way more than Myranda. Probably because she was to interested in being with Matt to give me the cold shoulder. But now here I was facing the huge wooden doors leading to my future. "May I have the honor of walking you down the isle?" a sweet toned women asked. I looked back to see my grandmother Rona. The moment I realized it was her I practically jumped into her arms.

"Would you really do that for me?" I whispered into her ear. "But of course! After all you are my one and only granddaughter, and I love you more than anything in the world. It's not everyday you get to see your grand baby get married." I gave her a peck on the cheek and linked my arm with her's. Before I could prepare myself the big wooden doors opened and I stepped out onto the back patio. I had always dreamed of an outdoor wedding.

Carefully and slowly my grandmother and I made our way down the cobblestone path as the band started up. It was almost as if the rest of the world was muted when I saw Josh's bubbly, smiling, face. I realized I was shaking when my grandma let go of my arm. I felt like I might trip. Overwhelming releif flowed through me as Josh's hands reached mine. I smiled up at him. "Your beautiful," he whispered. Once again I blushed and the ministor started.

I'm sure to the crowd it felt like years untill the vows came but to me it felt like only moments. "Brooklyn..." Josh took a deep breath then said, "You never cease to inspire, support me, challenge me, make me laugh, and keep me grounded. No words could incompass everything about you that's dear to me. I wouldn't be me without you. You are the best thing about me, and you will always be my Porcelain." He sqeazed my hands and smiled and for a second... I stopped breathing. Did he really mean all that? He had to of I mean... he did say it after all...

I cleared my throat. "Josh, you are my other half. Your beautifully understanding and ridiculiously presistent in everything you do. You make me a better person, and even make me veiw life in a different way. The only thing I could ask from you is to be mine forever, and now I know you will be." Happy tears started to stream down my face but this time I didn't resist or wipe them away. Just let them flow. 

Several million heartbeats later I heard the ministor say, "You may now kiss the bride." As I leaned in and closed my eyes a little symphony ran through my head:

          'There's no yellow bricks, but happily, ever after, we lived, the end'