Chapter 1

• Dedicated to Joshua Ramsay

     There were so many people around. Everywere, I wasn't sure if I'd make it inside. I had a feeling I'd ethier drown in the ocean of a  million crazy fans, or pass out in pure awe of seeing my favorite band. But I'd come so far to see them that I wasn't going to let anything stop me Just remember deep breaths, deep breaths... "Hello?"                                                                                                                                                         

"Huh?" I looked straight through the glass to a bald man looking irritatedly at me. "Come on miss I don't have all day." I looked down at his hand awaiting my ticket. "Um,right," I handed him the bent up ticket."Sorry." I suffled inside the darkened room considering the only answer i got was "Next?!" I found myself getting 'third row', it was kinda hard to tell though since there were no seats but it was better that way how else would I get so close to the stage?                                                                                              

I gazed up at the platform and my stomache started doing flips, I could feel my eyes pricking with tears.This can't be happening it's a dream. Wake up... Wake up?  But I was awake and this was no dream. A microphone screached and echoed across the room. Gutair tech Brett walked to the stage he pressed his foot down on the stand and placed the mic into a firm grip. "Check...check, check,hey! Check, check,woah! Check hey,check woah!" He smiled at the crowd pleased with it working correctely and walked off into the side stage curtains.                          

Before I could prepare myself the lights dimmed slowly and the show had started. It was pure black I couldn't see anything. Then a voice boomed over me "I look around 'round look around and look it over..." My hands cupped over my mouth. Oh my god! I've been waiting YEARS for this to happen and now it's...I'm...HERE! And I stopped breathing. I didnt notice untill the person next to me pointed it out. "Hey!" they shouted over the noise,"Are you okay?" My face must have been red by then. "I'm fine," I gasped. "Uh, ok then" and they turned back around. I gazed up at my hero.                      

Before I knew it they announced that this would be their last song. Ian started to play the backbeat to Fallout then Matt and Mike followed in momentaraily. I have to do it this is now or never... "An empty room I'm empty to... " Josh sang out. I snuck backstage with no trouble at all and grabbed a handy mic. I slipped up the ladder connected to a brigeway near the curtains set up for the lighting crew. I softly sang a couple phrases with Josh into the microphone so I knew it was working. I swiftly crept down the ladder again. The song was almost over now.                                                                                                                                            

One deep breath...closed my eyes and I was singing and walking on stage. "I know your fine but what do I..." Matt took over from there and Josh was gazing at me. I could feel my face getting hot and he had missed his que so I started in and finished the song."Fallout...Fallout...Fallout." Then out of nowere Josh came back in with the end scream. "FALL-OUT!" I turned off my mic and held it infront of me. He looked at me and I gazed dreamily into his blue eyes. "Who..?" But that's all he could get out before I was... removed.

One minute I was singing infront of a ton of people, to staring into Josh Ramsay's eyes, to feeling nothing but rough panicked hands all over me.  I disappeared behind the curtain. People were shouting at me but the security guards just kept pressing me forward with the same stone expression. We stopped at a dead end hallway with just a door infront of us. One security gard with thick black greasy hair released my arm just long enough to open the door. They set my down in a chair facing a large wooden desk. The other security gard with no hair and glasses handcuffed me and they both walked out wordless. I could hear someone in the hallway shouting "Where is she?!" I stirred uneasily in my seat trying to look somewhat occupied .

An old man with curly long hair walked in and sat down across from me. He took off his tinted shades placing a clipboard infront of him and glared at me. He readied his pen then said,"What's your name kid?" in a cold tone. "B-Brooklyn," I stammered. I knew him, he was Jonathan Simkin, the band manager! He took in a breath but then I interupted "But everyone calls me B.B. ...like the gun." stupid stupid stupid as if he cares! He started jotting on the clipboard. "Last name?"  Duh why didn't I already say that? "Barlow. B-a-r-l-o-w." I cleared my throat, as he glaced up at me.

"Do you have any kind of drugs or acohol in your system?"

"What?" It was like I was being interigated by the police! "No!" He chicken scratched some words I couldn't see, because he had the clipboard proped up so high, then he adjusted in his seat. He moved his chair closer to the desk placing the clipboard facedown beside him and looked directely into my eyes. "You know," he said with a sigh, "that pulling something like that is against the law?"

"Um," I started chipping the polish off my fingernail with my other hand, a bad habit I had when I was bored or nervous. "I suppose I m-may have known that." 

"You kids kill me. The crazy things you'll do for attention, I-"

"Attention?" I cut in without thinking,"It wasn't for attention. I did it because I wanted him to hear me sing no one else. I suppose attention from him,yes, but not any kind of specail treatment. He's my hero and I thought it would be cool to know that he knew I existed." I said flatly. He rose from his desk and I knew I had said something wrong. "You expect me to believe that?!" His vioce was rising quickely. "Your just another-" but that's as far as he got before the door opened and Josh himself walked in! "Hey." he placed his hands on Jonathan's shoulders. "I've got this." Joanthan sighed. "Are you sure? She's-"

"Yeah, I'm sure." Jonathan slowly walked to the door. He opened it, gave me one final look, and walked away. And with that Josh and I were left alone.