Chapter 5

We all walked out of the studio. Josh slipped his hand smoothly into mine, we held each others tightely. Ian took divers seat and Mike took passangers. Matt and Myranada got in then Josh and I. It was a tight sqeeze so Myranda snuggled closer to Matt next to the window. He was explaining some story about how he took up gutair. "Hannah's is great best burger place in Vancouver." Mike explained. "Yep," I agreed without thinking. Myranda nudged me with her foot. "I don't go very often though," I added. "Really?" Josh said looking at me. "Yeah, with work and all I just bring lunch and order pizza for dinner."

"Well," Ian said putting the SUV in gear,"here's your lucky night!" Ha! sure... When we arrived at Hannah's the guys got in line and I had enough time to text Myranda. *What am I gonna do?!*

*Go to the bathroom I'll order for you* That brillaint child! "I'll be right back," I said when we got closer up to the front. I walked to the bathroom and stayed there for about 5 minutes. When I walked out to see them already seated. Thank god! They were sitting in a narrow booth I slid in next to Josh."Hey," I said.

He rested his hand on mine and smiled,"Hey." A waitress I knew, Taryn came over to our table. "What can I get for you," she asked cheerfully. She took her focus off the notebook infront of her. When she saw me she gave me a puzzled look. She took her gaze off of me to Mike who was ordering. When she got to me Taryn cleared her throat, "And you Miss?"

"I'll take a number three," I said casually. "Coming right up," she said and walked away. "Do you know her?" Josh asked me. "Nope." I shook my head. "Really? She must be weird then," Ian muttered. "Did you see the way she looked at you?"

"Yeah," I said laughing it off. I was really hoping we could switch to a different coversation. "She probably just had me confused with someone else."

"Hey Josh how's the story coming?" Matt asked. "Ok I guess. But once I get the plot down there's gonna be alot of editing and rearranging."

"Story?" I asked. "Yeah, it's a work in progress for the album." Josh said.

"That sounds really cool." Taryn walked over with Haley; a new girl thats been shadowing her for a week or so, 'till she got the hang of it. "Hey Brooklyn! I didn't know you had a shift tonight." Haley said. I blushed because everyone was staring at me. Please tell me this isn't happening... Please tell me this isn't happening!!

"I, um..." Taryn quickly set our food and drinks down. "Enjoy your meal!" She said and hurried Haley into the kitchen. "Y-you work here?" Josh asked me. "Um, yes?" I wouldn't look at anyone not even Myranda; who I asumed was sitting there trying to figure out what to say next.

I kept my focus on the wall behind Ian's head. "What's wrong with that?" Mike asked. I laughed a little. "What's not wrong with that?" I said like a smart alec. "Well nothing, that's our piont," Josh spoke up next to me. "Why would you care if we knew anyways. It's not like were better than you." Matt said.

"I don't know I expected more from myself I guess...I'm studing to be a vet but that could take years."

Josh intertwined his fingers with mine. "Well I hope you know you never have to keep anything from us...okay?" I smiled widley. "Okay." We continued the rest of dinner talking over Josh's story I told him if needed any help to tell me. After dinner the guys dropped off Myranda, then Josh dropped them off at the band house. Leaving just me and him. "This is it, right?" Josh said double checking the directions in his head.

"Yep," I said as we pulled up to my apartment. "wanna come in?"

"Sure!" He said happily. Oh crap! he's gonna see my papers! "Sorry about the mess," I said as we entered. I had papers all over the place. Every counter, book shelf, and my main desk. "What is all this?" he asked. "Oh, songs, poems whatever you want to call them." He started to read one. I grabbed it quickely. "I um..."

"No,sorry." he said, "should have asked first...But for the record that was really good." I scanned it quickely. "Oh that one, I don't even know how long ago I made that." He started to stare at me agian so I kept talking. "I wrote that when I was handling a lot so if it's kinda sad I'm sorry."

"No," he shook his head. "That's how you were feeling. So that's how it should have been written."

"Thanks," I said quitely. I looked into his blue eyes. "Everyone has something they want to get out,and-"

"Writing's the best way to do it," I finished for him. Josh pressed his hand into the small of my back bringing me closer. I kissed him softely. He set me down on the couch and kissed me again. Then my phone buzzed. The screen read: *Tyler* "I'm sorry," I said this will only take a minute. "Take your time," he said softely as I walked into the bathroom.

"Hello?"

"Hey," he said. "Tyler-" I began but he cut me off. "Brooke I've been thinking, really really thinking. I never meant to hurt you I was an awful person then. But I've changed I'm clean, I have a good job, I have good friendships and I'm talking to my parents..." he sighed. "Brooklyn, the only thing I don't have is you."

"Tyler I can't do this right now. I've moved on and I know you can to."

"I don't want anybody else, I want you."

"You had me and guess what? I got tired of getting smacked around." I could hear him crying on the other end of the phone. "I should have left you where I found you." Is all he could said before I hung up, and that's all it took to make me cry. Tyler found me the night I got the news that my grandpa had died of lung cancer. I was depressed and didn't know what to do. I got in my car and rammed it into a building. If Tyler hadn't seen me and called 911 I wouldn't be here, kissing the man of my dreams.

Now I layed, curled up in the corner of the bathroom, wedged inbetween the bathtub and the wall. Josh.I thought I need to get back to Josh.I collected myself and washed my face. My eyes looked better but I was still pretty red, but it doesnt matter He's been waiting long enough. And I had only turned on the lamp when we walked in anyways so it was pretty dark. It wouldn't be to noticable right? Wrong.

"Are you okay?" Josh asked me worriedly. "Yeah," I sniffled. Not very convincing. "Do you want to talk about it?" he asked in a soothing voice. "Sure." We snuggled up on the couch and I told him about my ex boyfriend Tyler.

How he had anger issues, how I thought I owed him for saving my life, how I fell for him from the start, how I was in an abusive relationship for 3 years... Josh had his arm around me scratching my shoulder slowly, conforting me. We stared into the night together I knew he may not be sleeping tonight. "So," I whispered after I finished, Josh had said all the right things to keep me from crying again. "What about you, Did you ever have a really bad relationship?" He swallowed. Oh no did I bring it up at the wrong time? "I'm sorry," I took it back quickely,"You don't have to tell me."

"No," he said. "it's alright.There was one a girl, named Darla." He told me his story and I could feel myself getting tired. I closed my eyes for what I thought was a breif moment, but before I knew it I was waking up to his arm moving from under my head. I opened my eyes to see Josh getting up. "Don't leave," I muttered. He looked at me.

"Okay, I'll stay," He whispered into my ear. That night I feel asleep in Josh's arms and I dreamed of being able to stay there forever. Comforted and safe something I never would have felt in Tyler's arms.