Chapter 8

He started to adjust his grip on the gun and I knew it was the only chance I'd get. So I elbowed him knocking him off balance. Then I grabbed the gun that he was aimlessly flailing around. I hadn't takin' my hand off the door and quickly opened it. Right before I darted out the doorway he caught my hand. I shook him lose but he was still battling for the gun in my hand. He snatched it from me and I darted for my car. I heard the trigger being pulled from behind me... I felt nothing I didn't get hit! I hurriedly opened the driver's side.

"Fuck!" I heard him scream throwing the gun to the ground. I shoved the keys in the ignition and drove as fast as I could. In my rear view mirror I saw Tyler leaning on my doorway breathing heavily. He had a perfect shot!  Then i realized he didn't decide not to shot me the gun had jammed. Hot tears uncontrolably streamed down my face as I turned the corner. I made a last mintue decision to not go to the tree house and I set my course to where I thought I'd have my best chance at finding Josh.

When I pulled up to Little Mountain Studio's I didn't really know what to expect. But my suspicions were confirmed that Josh was there when I heard the soft notes of Josh's keyboard. "And I know some things sould just stay broken I'm well aware this should remain unspoken..." I heard him sing. I quickly hid behind the door to the room he was in. I hung onto every word he said and as the last chords played I stepped in. He turned to face me at the sound of my footsteps. I was prepared to explain myself and tell him how I was only doing it for him. But what I didn't expect was a fight.

"What are you doing here?" It was in a tone so cold and beweildered if he hadn't been standing right infront of me, I wouldn't have reconized it as his. "I came here to explain." I said in a soft voice. I was still a little shaky with my words from crying. "To explain what? Explain that I was only a pawn in your twisted game? Explain how you only wanted him all along?" I reached forward and grabbed his wrist. "Josh I-" but I cut myself off. I could feel something under his sleve, it was wet and warm. He qiuckly pulled his arm away and the tips of my fingers shimmered red. "Josh..." 

"Just go!" he cried out lowering his head. Was Josh...crying? "Josh I only did this for you." But the words were coming out all wrong and I was panicking. "Did this for me? Brooklyn your ruining my life!" he got up from the piano bench and walked over to the wall. He pressed his face to it breathing hard and striking it with both fists over his head.

"Josh! I'm trying please just listen!" I pleaded through my tears. "Why are you here? Huh? You don't even care about me you care about your little abusive boyfriend. So why don't you leave me alone?!" He screamed turning around.

"He raped me!" I screamed back collapsing to the ground. "He tried to kill me too." My breaths were choppy and heavy and I felt like dying right there. "The only reason I made you leave was to make sure...you didn't get hurt." I closed my eyes still half laying on the ground. "But I see you got hurt anyways." I said referring to Josh's fresh cut.

He turned towards me eyes widened. "He...Brooklyn I'm sorry, I didn't know. Why would you do that for me?" I looked up at him and wipped my face putting on the a serious expression other than petty. "Because...I wanted to protect you. He could have shot you. I thought you'd understand but I guess what goes around don't come around." I lifted myself from the ground as Josh walked over not giving him the chance to offer his hand. "Josh, you should know me by now."

"Brooklyn! Wait!" But I was already walking out into the cold early morning. I slammed the front enterance door and walked to the back of the studio pressing my back against the wall. I knew I was hurting Josh, but he had hurt me to. What am I doing? Josh is the victim here. Like he knew what was going on. He has the right to be mad. I need to apologize... 

But before I had the chance to pull away from my thoughts, Josh came busting through the front door. "Brooklyn? Brooklyn?!" He saw that I wasn't in my car and he frantically looked around trying to find me. I slowly stepped out from behind the building and Josh spotted me I an instant. Then ran towards me. "Josh I-" but he interrputed me by pressing his lips to mine. "Your right," He said pulling away.

" I should know you by now. I should know you enough to know when your trying to help me. And I should know you enough to see when your in trouble. And I promise to never let anyone hurt you again... Do you forgive me?" I was so happy tears were in my eyes. Of course I forgave him! I'd be crazy not to!

He looked into my eyes holding my head, I was speechless and the happy tears rolled down my cheeks. "Brooklyn?" 

"Yes! I forgive you!" I somehow spit out. A sign of relief crossed over his face, as he drew me into a hug. He pulled back and placed his lips on mine. I smiled and took him in. We stood there for a long time just smiling and kissing. Josh and I had found each other again, and even though we had alot to work out, I knew we would never let each other go again.