Chapter 2

I had a million questions stacked up in my head from so many years of idolizing him, and then... my mind went completely blank.I realized my mouth had dropped and I was staring, so before he turned to focus on me I tried my best to compose myself, even though I was sqeauling on the inside. I could feel myself shaking, and knew it was obvious I was nervous. He turned and sat down in place of Jonathan in the desk chair. He leaned back casually then said,"Don't worry about him. He's actually a really nice guy, once you get to know him." He reached to the mini-fridge behind him and and pulled out a Coke Zero placing it on the desk. "Ye-ah." I stummbled to get the words out. 

It would be a lot easier if i wasn't shaking so hard. Dont be nervous! I clearded my throat then added in,"I'll take your word for it." He cracked open the Coke and slurpped the fizz from the top. "Mh!" He mummbled pointing at me as if saying, 'Give me a second.' He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. "So about that last song..." he trailed off.

"Are you mad?" He revealed a small smile then said, "Not at all. Actually it was pretty impresive."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah what was the purpose of it though?" He started to down his coke as I explained. "Um,well, I wanted you to know me. And I guess I was wondering if I had any real potentail."

"Oh!" Josh paused to swallow."You have potentail." Then he grinned, "But, um, maybe we should have a more normal introduction."  I could feel myself blushing. He got up from his chair and walked around the desk to me. As he got closer I swear my heart started beating twenty times faster! "Hi, I'm Josh."

He took my hand and we shook. "Hi Josh, nice to m-meet you.I'm Brooklyn." Well I didn't stutter on my name, that was good. He laughed a little."Well, Brooklyn, Why don't we go smooth things over with my manager?"

"Sure, I'd like that." I started to get up from my seat when something caught me. "Um, Josh?" He looked back at me to see I was still hooked to my seat. "Oh, right." He started to scan the desk. "I think there may be a spear key around here somewere." With no luck he started to walk to the door and sighed.

"Wait here a second." He walked out closing the door behind him. When he return the two security gards in bright yellow jackets followed him in. The bald one roughly grabbed my wrist. He inserted the key and twisted it realsing my hand. They walked bluntley out of the room. "Thank you!" Josh called after them politley.

With no reply Josh turned toward me rolling his eyes, and I couldn't help but laugh. "They're robots I swear."

"Yeah, they don't seem very friendly," I agreed. "Oh well, ready?" With a nod of my head we started to work our way down the hallway. We found Jonathan after taking two left turns and five doors down. Josh checked his front and back pants pockets. "Here it is." He reached into his worn silver jacket and pulled out a card. It resembled the kind used at hotels.

He slipped the card into the slot in the door. Josh opened it smoothly and we walked inside. "Hey," Josh said as we walked in. I looked around eagerly and he closed the door behind me.There were lighted mirrors, make up prep chairs and desks scattered aroung the first half of the room, in the second half there was a big couch, a couple of chairs and a coffee table. The table was satcked with Pizza, V8 Juice, and Starbucks cups, with Coke Zero cans cluttered all around it. Several gutairs were propped up in racks. Jonathan was curled up on the couch tuning one. "Hey," he muttered back not looking up.

"What'd you do with the girl?" Josh pressed his finger to his lips. He walked forwards to were he could see Jonathan, then he stuck his hand out, motioning for me to stop. "Eh, I got rid of her. Turned out to be a lunatic."

"To bad she seemed kinda genuine about your music." Jonathan said still busy with his gutair. "Yeah it's to bad. She was kinda cute," Josh remarked casually. My face was so red I knew it. Is he being serious?? "She sure was," Jonathan said unknowing. Josh motioned for me to come stand next to him.

So I did, not saying a word. "Jonathan this is Brooklyn. Brooklyn, Jonathan." Jonathan's eyes met mine and I could tell he was embarrassed. "Oh, hi." He narrowed his eyes at Josh who was busying himself again with sucking down the last of his coke. "Very funny," Jonathan asured him sacasticly. Josh tried his hardest not to laugh while drinking it.

"So," Josh said finally deciding that the joke was over. "Where are the guys at?" He scanned the room. "Took off to that local studio Brett had connections with. Ian said you told them you were gonna caugh up with them there later." Josh gave him a beweildered look. Jonathan started laughing,"And you forgot...Didn't you?" Josh scratched the back of his head.

"Maybe I might have delayed it, in my head." Jonathan sighed. "Well you better get down there, don't wanna be any later than usual."

" Which would be by about 20 minutes for the record," he added to me. "Okay, okay lay off," Josh said waving his hand at him dismissing his comment. Josh turned to me. "Hey you want in on something?" Um thats like asking me if I was ok with living in a mantion! "Sure!" 

"Me and the guys are working on a couple song for our new record while were in town wanna join us?" 

"I would love to." I can't beleive this is happening to me...how is this happening to me? "Alright, while we better get going." He grabbed his keys off one of the prep desks. We walked down to a parking lot and he led me to an old SUV. I don't know how I was lucky enough to be here, with Josh, but I was and there was no turning back.