Chapter 17

I immediately headed for the airport. The flight seemed to take forever. There was nothing to do but peer down at the shinny crystal stone on my finger, and text Josh to let him know I would be landing soon. A loud voice stabbed at my ears, through the staticy intercome. Which made me jump, because I was so zoned into my daydreams. "Prepare for landing in two minutes!" the voice announced happily. There was a small bump as the wheels hit the ground below us, and the plane lurched to a stop.

I scrammbled up from my seat to open the storage area above me, containing my luggage. There were clusters of people huddled in the narrow aisle leading up to the plane door. Even so, I still managed to to slide myunnecessary,suitecase from it's compartment. I had to wait a while, but finally a generous old man stopped before me seat to let me into the aisle. "Thank you," I said lightly as I looked back at him. He gave me a smile and nod. I anxiously continued forward in the line. Knowing that Josh was waiting for me, just beyond these doors, I practically jumped off the plane. Taking the stairs two at a time.

People moaned as my suitcase clancked against anckels and legs. "Watch where your going idiot!" some women yelled from behind me. I didn't care thought because by this point I was already past the runway, and pacing towards the airport doors. The bright white walls surprised me and it took me a moment before I could really see anything. When my vision cleared I began looking around frantically for Josh in the big open area. Through the mess of people I caught a certain silver haired boy's eye. A huge smile spread across both of our faces as I ran into his arms, pushing past whoever got in my way.

Before my name could surface from his mouth, I pressed my lips to his. "Welcome home," Josh whispered between the kisses. I placed my hand to the side of his face and kissed him again. "Good to be back," I answered, then ran my fingers through his hair as we smiled at each other. I was distracted by a small cough, then looked over to see Myranda. One hand held up to her mouth to indicate the fake cough that got my attention, the other intertwined with Matt. "If you don't mind," she began, seperating Josh from me, "this one owes me a hug." I laughed and wrapped my arms tightly around her.

"It's nice to see you too," I said in a somewhat sarcastic tone. "So... how'd it go?" Matt asked, a little unsure of himself. Myranda punched him in the arm and shot him a glare. "Ow," he muttered and rubbed his arm. "No, it's okay," I said. Josh took my suitcase and we started to walk towards the nearest exist as I began to explain. "It went-" i was going to say more but something in the backround stopped me.

"Brooklyn?" Josh asked trying to figure out what I was looking at. "Um, I'll tell you about it in the car. I need to use the restroom first," I lied hoping everyone would leave. A chorus of suspious 'okays' came from Josh, Myranda, and Matt. Josh was hesitiant to leave me and didn't look very convinced with what I was saying. "I'll only be a minute," I promised him. "Okay," he said and kissed my forehead before leaving.

I watched as they all disappeared behind the dull gray airport doors, and gave it a minute or two untill I was sure they were completely gone. From there I camly walked over to what had caught my attention from the moment they stepped up to the front desk... Darla. Her hair was in a messy bun and she wore a tight flowy blouce that laced with silk in the back, strechy black yoga pants, and flip flops. Other than the thin layer of eyeshadow and eyeliner she barley had any make-up on. But of course, even in her lazy form she looked absolutely stunning. Darla stood at the front desk hunched over and rummabing through her clutch. I tapped on her shoulder and for some reason I was a little nervous. She glanced up at me then back to her clutch.

It only took her a second to realize who she just saw, then her eyes snapped up at me. "Brooklyn?!" she eclaimed. Without warning she brought me into a hug. I was caught off guard by this so I resorted to hesitantly patting her back. "What are you doing here?" she asked as her grip subsided. "Ma'am, please," the worker behind the counter politely insisted.