Let Go

"You. Me. Us." She said, looking and sounding broken. His fingers intertwined with hers. The strange roughness of his filthy fingers seemed to only bring her an odd sense of unexpected comfort as his thumb stroked the back of her hand. There was comfortable silence in that dingy cell. "I'm so tired, J... I'm tired of feeling so detached." "Then join me." "I'm tired of thinking." "Don't." He continued to answer simply. She smiled sadly at him, feeling both broken and whole. 
         "I'm tired of holding onto nothing." "Let go." He said. As sudden as it might have appeared, the distance between them closed painfully slow for the two. At last, they kissed. Every curve and bend of their lips seemed made to interlock together. She wrapped her arms around his neck, as he wrapped his own around her waist, bringing them even closer together. The entire feeling was ineffable; it was more than bliss. If anything, it put them both into a state of complete and utter oblivion.
         She didn't know much in that moment. All she knew is that when he kissed her, she felt more alive than she ever had. Her whole world became something entirely different. It was a strange mix of heaven and hell inside her head, and Allison loved it. 
         She loved him. It wasn't passion. It wasn't limerence. It wasn't lust. It was love. Perfect in it's imperfection. It was madness. And Allison wouldn't have it any other way. 

A/N
        Well, shit. Pretty powerful kiss, eh? Sorry about the length of this "chapter'', as it's a pretty poor excuse for one. However, I'm not really in the mood to write but I knew you guys deserved an update; SOME form of resolution at the very least. So I made them kiss *presses characters' faces together*.
        I suppose if it felt right, I could end the book right here, and leave it as a form of an "open ending" in which you guys get to decide what happens after this. OR I could add a few more legitimate chapters and resolve it myself, risking the possibility of a disappointing ending for the reader. Let me know what you guys want, and uh... Yeah. 
        Additionally, I'd like to thank everyone for reading and say I hope you've enjoyed it thus far. 
                Farewell, Scarlette.