Click

Allison stomped toward the asylum with a look of determination across her face. No point in stalling. She threw open the doors without thinking.  Thinking wouldn't help her now. What had it done for her this far? All her life, she focused solely on the pursuit of knowledge, and for what? She looked around at the practically unrecognizable halls. Blood and other substances littered the walls, floors, even the ceilings. What had he done?
         Patients were brawling with whatever guards were left. She felt her lip quiver. Of course, she had seen worse; However she knew these men. She had met with their families. Everything changes. She spotted a familiar face and raced over to the penguin. "What's going on?" She asked, hurriedly searching the room for J. "Revolution, Alley! That's what's going on!" She furrowed her brows and withdrew from his smiling form. "What did you call me?"
         The only one to ever call her that was J. Had he been communicating with other patients about their dalliances? The Penguin simply laughed and joined the other inmates in pulverizing a lowly guard. She raced upstairs in search of the clown. She tripped on a last step in the darkness and landed on a dead guard's baton. Searing pain surged through her torso and she let it be known with a loud cry. She was certain the impact had broken one or more ribs.  
         She struggled to stand. She began to crawl weakly, as it was the only thing she could do in that moment, before her arms were lifted above her head. She cried out once again and snapped her infuriated wet eyes open to look at the one who caused her such pain. It was Selina Kyle; Cat Woman. True, they weren't the best of friends, but Allison never imagined they would be enemies. Selina threw her over her shoulder, forcing another muffled scream to emit from Allison's shaking mouth. 
         Suddenly she was thrown into a soft chair and everything seemed quieter. She looked up at the woman. "Stay here, doc. Joker's orders.This is no place for you to be during this madness. Stay here until the screaming stops, the cops will come and save you, and then leave Gotham. No thanks necessary." Without another word Selina slammed and locked the door behind her. Allison glanced down at her torso only to see a dramatic bulge surfacing on her right side. 
          She looked around at the room and the realization hit that it was her office. Time passed and Allison wasn't sure of anything. The violence continued to be heard and she wondered if it would ever stop. At least the pain had subsided. Allison didn't bother with attempting to open the door, as she knew that Selina had taken her keys.  She had nothing left to do but think. 
         She began looking around at the many files cluttering her work area. She didn't know how she was meant to find the Joker, now that she was being held captive where she had voluntarily gone so many times before. She rested her flustered head in her hands. When she opened her red eyes again, she noticed something she hadn't before. Bruce Wayne's signature on one of her entry slips. She furrowed her brows. Bruce Wayne, most recognizable man in Gotham, billionaire player, head of a weapon's manufacturing facility. What was his name doing in Arkham?
         She grabbed the paper and examined it carefully. She soon realized that it was the admission slip for the Joker's entry into Arkham. Bruce Wayne had sent him here? Now it all made even less sense. What involvement could Mr. Wayne have in a police matter handling the notorious Joker's well-being?
         Then something clicked.