One Big Loony Bin

"Not that it's not an attractive feature, but what are you smiling about?" The Joker asked cockily, turning to Allison, paint slowly drying to his fingers. "I'm not entirely sure.." She said, contemplating the matter herself. The Joker gasped and brought his hands up to his heart. "Could it be me?" He smirked. ''No, that doesn't seem right..." She said, smirk prominent in her voice. He slowly brought himself over to her and knelt down to her still seated level. "How 'bout a kiss?" He asked, eyes darting to her smile. 
         "How 'bout you tell me your name first?" He pulled away and laid down on the couch once more. "Well, I guess -only if you really wanted to know." He opened his eyes and raised a brow at her, as to make the statement a question. "Okay, I really want to know." She spoke slowly to convey her desire. "You asked for it... My name is- promise you won't laugh?" "I'm talking to you, so I'm afraid that's not a promise I can make.'' She said, and raised her own brows. 
         He laughed under his breath. "..My name is Joe.." "Joe?" She spat the word out with disinterest. "You don't look like a Joe." "Well that's my name." He sat up and leaned a still creamy hand out towards her form to shake hands. She obliged, humoring him. "Joe; Joe Kerr. Nice to meet ya." She laughed and looked at his smug face, his carved lips trying to contain the laughter he was about to produce at his own ridiculous pun. "Proud of yourself?" She asked, her own laughter dying down. 
         "Extremely. Came up with that one last night after you left." "Oh I'm sure you were simply tossing and turning waiting to tell me." She teased, and he nodded exaggeratedly in response. "Alright, well. I let you put the makeup on so you could feel more comfortable, more relaxed, safer.. So now you have to do something for me." She said, getting serious once again. "I want you to lay down on the couch, and close your eyes."
          "I never would have pegged you as the one with the kink, but okay, doctor." He said, deepening his voice while he laid back against the cushions and closed his eyes. She rolled her eyes slightly and then crossed her legs, pausing before beginning. "Are you comfortable now?" Her voice was now the soothing one she had used with Crane. Jonathon; She had nearly forgotten all about him these past few days as she'd only tried to focus on herself and the Joker.
         She tried to dismiss the thoughts from her head as she realized he had nodded in confirmation, telling herself that she would think about it later. "I want you to simply breathe okay. Just focus on your breathing; the sounds it makes, the way your body moves when you do it, and how at peace you truly are." She began, and apparently it was working better than she'd planned, as the Joker didn't respond with any witty comebacks or taunts. She let him focus for a few minutes, as she watched him fall deep into his own mind. 
         "You're safe. You can say or do anything you'd like.. Where are you?" "I wouldn't call it safe.." The joker's raspy voice sounded barely above a mumble now, which was to be expected with this sort of self-induced hypnotherapy. "But I do feel at home..'' "Where are you?" She asked again. He paused for a longer second this time. "I'm at the school.. And here comes that little rich kid, Bruce. I can't stand him!" He began to trail off again, as she took notes, focusing on the name 'Bruce', as he could be experiencing the world in a sort of warped third person perspective, and the Joker's actual name might be Bruce. 
         The Joker brought himself back to a normal volume. "He's had everything handed to him. And what do I get stuck with?! Shit parents. A shit house. A shit brain! A shit life!" She looked to the doors in concern; if he got any louder they might be forced to stop the session. "There, there, calm down..." He began to toss and turn, and make pained, frustrated faces. "Okay, I'm going to count to three and snap my fingers and you're going to wake up." She said, trying to conceal the hint of fear in her throat. 
         If the guards came in, and were to see the Joker looking like himself, they could both be punished. "One.. Two.. Three!'' Se paused before snapping her fingers when she noticed the Joker had suddenly slowed his breathing, and stopped all of his angry wriggling. There was silence, and Allison was still debating whether or not to wake him up, when he spoke again. 
         "But it's fine I suppose.. We're all dogs in this world. Some of us just like to imagine that we're top breed. Deep down inside, we're all the same.. Black.. Ugly.. Mad.." He said, lowering his voice, as if somehow being able to understand the tension in the room. "I'll show him.. I'll show them all. The world's just one big loony bin."