Second Session

On the day of the second session with the Joker, Allison had her hairs all pulled together loosely in a black  pony tail which could only slightly be seen in her dark, confused mess of hair. Her coworkers hated this look, as they thought it to be too unprofessional, whereas her patients all loved it. They believed it gave her a more relaxed look than she already had and it made them feel comfortable with her. She'd hoped the Joker would have a similar response to her look and open up about his scars.
        Allison knew the story behind his scars would be the most difficult to unveil. She'd heard many stories about them, none true, and it was for this reason that Allison most wanted to crack the joker. She dressed in an over-sized sweater, black shorts and leggings, and boots. As she scanned her card she looked over the faces of her glaring associates. There was no specific dress-code in place, but her cohorts thought differently. She winked at the owner  as he smirked slightly at her casual rebellion. She saw the security guards step out of her office, holding their belts as an attempt to assert their dominance. 
         She sighed once before walking through the door. Her eyes widened as she saw the joker with free arms. She raised an eyebrow as a smile pulled at the corner of her lips. "Good behavior." The joker explained briefly as he smiled brightly. Allison nodded. "I'd like to try something a little different today.. Wanna take a seat?" She asked trying to sound casual. The Joker raised his brows and sat down quickly. "Yes, ma'am." Allison knew he was only treating her in a submissive way because of the dominance she displayed yesterday. She smirked on the inside and looked in his eyes, studying him for a moment. " And how did we sleep, 45713?" She said finally, sticking to her prior joke. "Have any dreams?" 
        He laughed hysterically. "Besides about you?" He smiled cheekily. "No. Tell me about them. Why are you dreaming about me?" She said calmly. The Joker's smile faded. Allison had caught him off guard. "...Wouldn't you rather hear about how I got my scars?" He suggested, trying to change the subject. "No." She surprised him once again. "We'll save that for our next session. Now I want to hear about your dreams."  He laughed slightly to break the tension in the room. "You win. My dreams weren't all about you... You see, it's great that you asked this question because I've been wanting to talk about this one thing that's been happening.. a lot.. lately. It's this repetitive thing. I can't get it out of my head." He scrunched up his face and made two knocks on his head with his fist. 
         "Proceed." She said, interested. "Well it always begins with me. And a knife. We're both covered- no, drenched- in blood. There's laughter. But it's not my own, strangely. It belongs to someone else. It belongs to The Batman." He emphasized every last word. "It's only then that I realize that the blood is mine. I'm bleeding out, and the Batman stands there, laughing at me. He moves in close to my face, his laughter becoming harsher each step he takes. He leans in close to my face. Just. Like. This." He said as his tone continues to get deeper and darker. By this time he had leaned in so close to her face that their noses were practically touching. "And he says to me," He said after a dramatic pause. "Why so serious?"
         He smiled awkwardly as he sat down again. "Then I wake up." He blew a slight breath out of his nose. It was only then that Allison realized that her mouth was slightly agape and she let go of a breath she hadn't known she'd been holding. The Joker smiled genuinely and turned his head slightly, narrowing his eyes. "What do you dream about, Doc?"