69. Screams

3 Months Later...

I looked at myself as you could clearly see the bump on my stomach. This time - for sure - there was someone in there. Two people in there - I'm for certain! Unless this child has two pairs of feet.

I pull my shirt over my stomach, sighing as I know the twins are waiting for me at the froyo shop, Orangeleaf. They're probably wondering what's taking me so long.

But I've been down on myself.

I feel like I am going to add a burden to them and ruin their chances. This child couldn't have come at a better time?

I mean, I don't take back anything! It's just they are about to set off to Harvard with Niko and I don't want them getting distracted. I feel so selfish telling them this and distracting them.

"When you gonna tell them?" I look, seeing Yale at my door. Holding Lola and Fiona as I'm guessing Edward has Jace.

"I'll tell them when it's right. And I don't want to burden them-."

"You should really stop saying that. You won't be burdening them. They'll be ecstatic and Sawyer will probably cry like a baby and Reed will break down eventually."

"How'd you do it?" I ask quietly, Hearing Fiona whimper as Yale whispers to her and she settles down." How'd you become so good at that?"

He laughs, smiling.

"When I first was with child I was seventeen. Of course; I was a teenager, a known Grey, and a male. So those three things were something that can't be placed together. But it worked... When I told Eddie, I was calm and believed that if I told him he'd still be there. That he loved me and I didn't need to worry. With the child part, you learn how to be good with children and babies as you have more."

I nodded, realizing how easy his way was. But he was a guy so it must've been harder because most male pregnancies are kept hidden and usually if revealed the person would have to uproot everything to hide from others.

"How many kids do you want?"

"A hundred."

I laugh, but his face stays the same as I look away awkwardly.

"I mean it's possible...but that just...just baffles me." I look off as I grab my phone, getting ready to leave.

"We all could do it. That's what people don't realize." He moves to the side as I walk out, shaking my head at his ridiculous number.

"Who's gonna provide ya all the sperm?" I ask jokingly, and he walks behind me as we go down the stairs.

"Eddie of course! He can't say no to me. If I wanted I could try and make a baby right now."

"I believe you."

I meant that too. No sarcasm hinted.

Those two had it together, while I'm all over the place thinking about and how I'm gonna tell them this... only one way to find out.

****

I sit across from the two as they smack on froyo, and I'd be all over that! But this person inside me hates dairy.

"Aren't you gonna get some Clo?"

"You're missing out!" They wave it in my face as I roll my eyes, looking off as I sigh.

"Reed? Sawyer?" They stop, looking at me with raised eyebrows. I lick my lips, setting my hands on the table, then setting them back in my lap.

"What's wrong Clover?" Reed asked in concern.

"Um..." They set their froyo down, and I look off." Um...I don't want to ruin your lives..."

"NEVER!" Sawyer screeches, and I believe him immediately. I'm just not sure what they'll be thinking after...

"Okay then..." I sigh, grabbing their hands as I grin shyly." I am-."

🤔