44. The Truth

Yale

"Niko."

"What?" I looked to see Niko and the twins talking in the back of the car.

That Clover woman isn't here so they shouldn't get as distracted.

"Nothing." I turn back towards the front, and I hear them get back into their conversation.

"What are you thinking?" I hear Edward ask, looking at him. I look at the ring he gave me a week ago, shaking my head.

"Nothing. I'm thinking of nothing-."

"That's a lie." He interrupts, and I sigh.

"Of course I'm thinking of something! Don't ask me something like that when you know I'm obviously thinking of something!"

"I'm asking because I care if my mate is upset or sad. Now he just seems...angry."

I roll my eyes, and Edward goes back to looking out the window.

I am angry. I am also sad.

But it's nothing against him, even though that's probably what he's thinking.

I'm thinking on this whole thing with my daughter.

It's frustrating the hell out of me because what if this doesn't work in our favor? Today we agreed with the Castaneda's that we'd meet her today. But they have yet to tell her that she's not their child.

I'm thinking on how this will work out. And we brought the twins and Niko so that they can meet her too. But I don't think they know that.

They don't know...

"Stop thinking on it to much." Edward says, and I look at him. Of course he knows what I'm thinking.

"I can't not think about it! It's impossible! We are meeting our daughter that doesn't even know that she is about to meet her real parents. How is that not nerve racking to you?" I ask, and he shrugs.

"I just think about the positives. If I was to think on the negatives the whole time, it'd just ruin my mood. I think on if this was to work out in our favor..." He says, and I grin.

He's right.

This whole time I've been thinking on the negatives. But isn't it natural to?

"Tell me your positives."

Eddie unbuckled his seat, quickly crawling to my side and sitting next to me.

I looked into those comfortable brown eyes, remembering the times when I wanted to scratch these eyes out. Now I can't help but want to look at them.

"I think...I think about how beautiful she must be since she has your genes. About how she sounds and what she'll look like. I imagine that a positive expression will render on her face. I imagine a lot of things.

"But the best one is that our family will finally be complete."

I smile, starting to see what he's saying.

"Yeah but," I find myself doing something I haven't done since we were younger. I unbuckle my seat, laying my head on his lap, as I look up at him, and he looks down at me,"if you were me. In my shoes. You would know the feeling of...I can't even put it in words.