50. Feels

Edward

"Daddy-O!" I look up, seeing Sawyer jogging into the living room, smiling brightly. Reed following behind as I know what this is.

"What do you two want?"

"What do you mean? We can't spend time with our Daddy who's about to marry Mr. Grey?"

I look to Yale, seeing him shrug as he's just as lost as me.

These two haven't been involved in the wedding process at all. Unless we forced them to.

"You both are about to ask me something. What do you want?" I ask once again, my voice harder and more stern.

"Can't we hang with our lit ass dad? Come on, what's going on with the wedding?"

"Um-."

"I want you both to help me choose my suit to wear!" Yale gushes, and I look at him as his cheeks are pink.

"Are you serious-."

"Never been more serious in my life. We look like twenty year olds, we aren't aging outside and barely in the inside. I'm still able to have kids, so that's something. And I need to look awesome on my day."

"Oh?" I fold my arms, thinking on if we were going to have more kids. Never really thought on it to much. We had Oliver. The second time we were teenagers and he got pregnant...his parents.. Beat him so bad that...our baby died inside him.

But I'll never forget their faces when I...whatever.

Then we had Caroline. Yale has been through so much and I thought I was the stronger one.

"Please Eddie..."

"Okay." Yale smiled, jumping up as he rushed to the twins. Grabbing their arms and yanking them out the living room.

What's wrong with me. Is it me? Is Yale just so much stronger and I am just now seeing it?

Thinking back on that time I just pushed it back because it's not something I want to think about.

Why do you think we never speak to his parents. Or mine for that matter?

If it wasn't for my family I could be a criminal...

What's about to come up isn't something some take to heart. So if you are uncomfortable with abuse and very depressing shit...leave.

28 yrs ago...
Yale, 18

"You're what?!" My mom screams, and I stagger back as she pushes me into the wall.

I clutch my stomach, feeling the baby inside move.

"Mom stop! This Eddie and my baby. I won't let you hurt her!"

"Her?! It's damn girl?!" She shrieks, and I see myself falling onto the floor. My mom above me, and my dad shaking his head at me in disappointment.

"We expected better if you son. And then this is what you do? Becoming gay and-."

"I'm not gay! I only like Eddie! He's the only guy I've ever had feelings for!! Leave me alone and listen! I'm happy with him and you told me that the most important thing is my happiness!" I yell from the ground, and that's when I feel something hard hit into my side.

Looking to see that was my moms foot.

"What are you doing?!" I hear my dad yell, but my mom growls, making him step back.

"When I said that I meant as in be happy with a woman! You get her pregnant! And she carries the child! Not my son who could be sleeping with all the women! And yet," she kicked me again, and I tried standing, but the heel in her shoe dug into my stomach, making me lose my mind,"you commit this sin!!"