Just a Blur

{I had intended to write this in Jacob's POV, but I think it would be too complicated and confusing considering he's in wolf form. So, we're with Emma, which is extremely important. READ THE DETAILS.}

My heart was beating so fast that I thought it would burst out of my chest. It seemed my kidnappers were in just as much of a panic, but I was frozen to the spot, my arms aching to run to Jacob, and yet the pain in various parts of my body held me to where I was.

I just had to sit and observe the chaos around me.

They both moved with their ridiculously scary speed, like blurs around the room, and it gave me more than a little satisfaction to see them so panicked.

Damien was the first one to speak, and his eyes shot to me, full of panic mixed with a furious anger. I flinched back a little. "They're here for her!" He breathed, and walked over to me to grab my arm.

The pain shot up my arm so fast that it caused a gasp to escape my lips, but it didn't stop me struggling against his stone grip. No way would I give up. He couldn't keep me from Jacob. If Jake was here to fight, then I would too. I couldn't give up, not when he was so close.

"Stay still you little brat," Damien snarled in my ear, and looked to his brother as he held me still, a tight grip on my arm. "How many?" He hissed.

Alorec was walking up and down the wall, his brow furrowed as he listened to something outside that apparently my human ears weren't sensitive enough to catch. "Footsteps..." Alorec muttered in a whisper, his eyes narrowed as he stared down at the floor. "There's only one." His head snapped up.

A rush of panic, disappointment, desperation and sadness flooded through me so fast that I couldn't stop the little cry that escaped my lips. It wasn't pain, it was defeat. Jacob had come alone. My brave, but stupid as hell wolf had come alone to face two vampires, and all of my hope just shattered.

I trusted Jacob, more than I could explain. But I also knew these two demons. They had inflicted so much pain on me since I'd been brought here, and it made me feel utterly sick to think that both of them would tackle Jacob. Alorec and Damien hadnt intended to kill me yet, but I'd known they could if they wanted. And still, they'd hurt me so easily it was scary. To think of them going straight for Jacob together and with all of their strength, intending to kill him, was what had caused my cry.

Alorec turned to look at me, hearing my sob, and a slow smile crept onto his face. "You weren't expecting that, princess? Looks like your little wolf isn't as clever as we thought." He smirked, and I fought harder against Damien to try and get to him, only to be restricted again.

"Brother," Damien hummed, almost cheerful now. "Shall we go and end this mutt?" He tilted his head.

"We shall." Alorec replied in the same cheerful tone. They were taunting me, and teasing me, making sure I knew how simple they knew this would be. These sick bastards were rubbing it in my face that they were going to kill MY Jacob, just like that. I found myself blinded by tears as the grip Damien held on my arm tightened, and yet another wave of pain flooded through me.

"Bring the girl." Alorec ordered his brother, looking at me down his nose. "If this is going to be easy, we should at least show the mutt our prize. Maybe we can make it sweet, and kill them both together." He let out s laugh, and I found myself being pulled up the stone stairs, my feet barely touching the floor at all.

I heard the doors unbolt as we went, and as much as I tried to struggle to get away from Damien, it just wasn't any use.

The growls I had heard from downstairs just seemed to get louder as we emerged from the building, into the run down and deserted area around it, sheltered by leafless trees and hidden from the roads. It was like something out of a horror movie, and I guess that's what I was in now; my own personal horror movie.

As soon as the light hit my eyes I was searching, searching for the source of the menacing growls. I didn't have to search for long, and as much as the sight of the wolf stepping out of the trees sent a wash of relief over me, the way his teeth were bared and how he crouched low had even me feeling a little threatened. I could see that Damien and Alorec's confident facade seemed to falter s little when they saw Jacobs stance. I understood that. The large wolf was terrifying. He wasn't here for talking; he meant war.

Jacob stepped out of the shadows into full view, and I could see when he stepped into the light exactly how much taller he was than my kidnappers, and it seemed as if they cowered a little when he stood up tall, rising up and holding his head up high. He stood around ten metres away, but even from where Damien gripped my hair to hold me still, I could see the angry glint in his eyes.

We locked gazes for a short second, and that glance only caused more tears to run down my cheeks. I needed to be with him, and for this to be over.

Jake took a step towards me; deliberate, not slow. He meant it, and he wasn't afraid. But Alorec, who was stood on the other side of Damien, lunged forward, a ferile hiss escaping is cold lips. Jacob responded to the sound with a loud growl, and as Alorec lunged at him, they both hit the ground faster than I could blink. The force would've surely crushed every single one of my bones easily, and I flinched back to see it.

If you'd asked me to keep an account of the exact movements to follow, I couldn't tell you. Everything was in a blur of movement, and it would have been all over if I'd blinked. But, it wasn't just the ridiculous speed that stopped me from watching. As they were fighting and ultimately attempting to rip each other to shreds, I was fighting with everything I had against Damien, blinded by my tears as I thrashed with every limb I had free. I needed to get to Jacob.

"LET ME GO!" I screamed at him, losing my breath and gasping for the air as rushes of pain flooded through my body with every move I made, disturbing every bone they'd broken of mine previously. It was numbing, and unbearable, but it was like a fierce flame of adrenaline had been lit inside of me, and whilst I screamed at the agony my movement caused, I didn't care.

Damien wasn't putting up with any of my struggles. It was like my fighting made no difference to him, not at all, and only caused more anger from him. "I've had it with you, you little bitch." He snarled in my ear, and it was like I'd gone numb.

I felt a sharp scratch to my shoulder, so fast that I barely registered it, like the pricking of a pin, and I fell to the ground when he dropped me.

Damien was gone, no where near me, and he'd left me there to go and defend his brother since Jacob was obviously winning. But, against two of them? I found myself frozen to the spot, left as the hopeless young human who had no chance of helping against these supernatural creatures.

But, I didn't need to help. Not at all. I'd only been left on my own for a few seconds before growls came again, except when I looked to Jacob, they weren't his. The growl was coming from the trees, and there wasn't just one, either. Multiple, so many I couldn't count, erupted into snarls instead of growls, and each wolf leapt into the small clearing, throwing themselves into the battle.

All of different colours, and each of the same ridiculously scary size. Black, brown, grey, all of them. My pack. Theyd heard Jacobs thoughts when he phased, and they were here. My brothers.