The Jingle

{like usual, I had planned to continue my alternative POV chapters, and go back to Emma for this one, but it fits better if I keep with Jacob, since I think you guys want to know what's going to happen. And he needs to find her, right? But will he? ;) }

Two days. Jacob had to wait two whole days until Emma's parents were back in town. And even then, part of him thought that they probably wouldn't even talk to him. Jason and Belle were convinced that their daughter's disappearance was because of something Jacob had said to her, and even though it partly was, Jacob needed to speak to them.

He'd avoided the pack as best he could for the weekend, wanting to figure it all out on his own, since he knew what Sam would say. Sam's mind was always on protecting as many people as he could, and if it came down to one person suffering instead of putting the entire town at possible risk, that's what he said he would do. Jacob was entirely different. He would kill himself willingly to save Emma's life, especially because she was his imprint. He would sacrifice everything he had to keep her heart beating, and keep her happy. Right now, he wasn't sure if either of those things was occurring, but it made him sick to think about it so he didn't.

When the weekend was over and Monday finally came around, Jacob had barely slept. He was going insane, and it showed in his tired face.

He jogged up the steps and knocked against the door, taking a deep breath. It was around a minute before the door opened, 56 seconds exactly, because he was counting to calm himself down.

When Jason pulled open the door, he stared at Jacob, almost emotionless, for a few seconds, before going to shut the door. Jacob was fast, though, and put his foot in the way.

"Get off my property." Jason snapped, attempting to shove the door against Jacob's foot. He was probably confused as to why he couldn't move this sixteen year old boy from his porch, and why Jake was so damn strong, but he didn't show it. He just looked angry as hell.

"Wait. Just hear me out, Jase." Jacob breathed, speaking quickly and holding up his hands.

"You'll call me Mr Banks." Jason barked at him, his eyes narrowing to small slits. He stood up taller, holding his ground, but he was still just barely as tall as Jake when he stood up properly. If he was intimidated, like most people would be when faced with Jacob, he didn't show that either.

"Right," Jacob sighed under his breath. "Please, Mr Banks, just listen to me. I know you blame me, I know you do, but I can't do this without you."

That seemed to catch Jason's attention, and he tilted his head slightly, a suspicious look written across his face. "Do what?"

Jacob paused a minute, and they stared at each other for what seemed like forever. "Please, let me in."

Apparently, Jason could see how desperate Jacob was, and for some reason, he believed him. He stopped the questions, and stepped back. Jacob heard himself sigh in relief as he stepped through the door, shuffling awkwardly for a minute before Jason took him to the kitchen, where he could see Belle sat at the counter.

As soon as she laid eyes on him, Emma's mother stood up, her gaze like daggers into him. "What'd you say to her?! Where did she go?! I'm not playing games anymore, tell me what happened." She snapped.

Jacob jumped back a little, because the woman was scary, as small as she may be. "Please, just listen, I'll explain everything. I only have one thing to ask you." He breathed.

Jason sighed, looking to his wife. "Just hear him out, Belle. I don't know what's going on, but Jacob here seems to. Just try it."

Belle didn't look happy, at all, and she huffed as she glared at Jacob. "Fine. What do you want?" She snarled at him, folding her arms across her chest.

Jacob bit his lip nervously, but nodded. He dug in his pocket, pulling out the CD he'd taken from Emma's car. "This is kind of a long shot, and I can't explain anything yet, you have to accept that or this won't work."

"What is that?" Jason frowned, his eyes glued to the CD as Jacob walked over to the player and put it in, turning up the volume.

Jacob didn't speak, he just took a deep breath and pressed play, turning to look at their faces as the little tune started to play. All three of them were silent for a while, Jacobs impatience rising. "Well?" He finally asked, and Belle lifted her head to look at him.

"I don't understand. Is this a joke?" She demanded, and Jacob instantly frowned.

"Of course it's not a joke! You know what that is?" He asked quickly, eyes widening a little as he took the CD back.

"That's the jingle from Swirly's ice cream place, just outside of Port Angeles.. At least it used to be. We took Emma there with her grandparents when she was little.." Jason explained, folding his arms. "Kid, you better not be messing around. This is stupid."

"I'm not messing." Jacob said fast. "What do you mean 'used to be'?"

Belle shrugged. "It shut down years ago, I don't know if the place is still there or if they knocked it down." She tilted her head. "Why does this matter?"

Jacob jumped around on his toes a little, taking a deep breath. "What's the address?" He barely managed to say, his heart starting to beat fast.

Belle stared at him in complete confusion for a minute, as if she was trying to figure out what he was up to, but eventually she gave up, sighing and scribbling down on a piece of paper before she handed it over. "There, now what are you-?"

"Sorry!" Jacob groaned as he grabbed the paper and turned on his heels. "I'll explain soon!" He yelled as he bolted out the door to his car, the address clutched in his fist.

"JACOB! GET BACK HERE!" Jason yelled from the door, but Jacob wasn't listening. He'd figured it out, he knew where she was, and he wasn't about to waste time, not even to go and find the rest of the pack...

-----

I know, I know, this is such a tease. But, he figured it out! We're not long now, he'll get there soon, and you'll find out what happens. What do we think will happen next, hmm? He's going alone. Tut tut tut.

- Author