Bliss

Two weeks. Two weeks of complete and utter bliss. It seemed as if MY Jacob, the Jacob I knew, had just stepped out of his old broken self, and was finally starting to be happy. I loved that, because the constant look of pure happiness on his tanned face just made me feel all warm inside. That was the face I remembered, the face I could just look at all damn day.

If I'd ever experienced anything close to perfection, it was in those few weeks after Jake and I had made our amends. Everything seemed to fall into place, but not the way I had imagined it would. No, this was better, because mine and Jacobs friendship was a hell of a lot stronger now that he'd imprinted. I still wasn't sure how I felt about that, because I'd never thought about it before. Jacob and I as a couple? I'd never pictured it. But I didn't think Jacob had considered that either, and I was completely happy just being US. he was my best friend, and I wouldn't change our current friendship for the world.

I would be down at the reservation with the guys everyday after school, without fail, and I would stay there until Jason or Bella texted me and demanded I came home. That was our routine. Every evening with the guys, or sometimes Jacob alone, was spent watching movies or messing around on the beach, and it was all just so damn blissful. Easy.

"Hey! That's not fair! You're like the hulk, you can't use that to your advantage!" I yelled, unable to stop my laughter as Paul slung me over his shoulder and marched towards the water. "NO! No no no no! Don't you dare!" I yelled, hammering my fists against his back.

It was Saturday and we were all at the beach, since for once the sun had decided to come out. The idea of the game we were all currently playing - minus Sam and Jared who were sat further up the sand - involved water pistols, and it was basically a game of who could get the others soaked fastest. When I'd decided that we'd play that game, I didn't think that using the sea would be involved. Dammit.

"Paul, man, don't!" Embry yelled from a few metres behind us, but Paul was on a mission.

Sure, I was in my swimsuit, as were all the boys, but I still hadn't planned on being thrown into the water. Paul had, apparently. So, when I was tossed around a metre away from him and landed straight into the ice cold water, I was pissed. Wiping my face and pushing my now dripping wet hair from my face, I looked up to Paul, Embry and Jacob who all apparently thought that my current soaking state was hilarious. My eyes focused on Jake, and I raised an eyebrow.

"What's so funny, Black?" I tilted my head, and started to walk out of the water towards them.

Jacob seemed to struggle to breathe through his fits of loud laughter, and that just furthered my annoyance. I would make him stop laughing. Hell, I had the sudden urge to make him cry. "You're soaked," Jake managed, still choking on laughter.

I reached to my left and scooped up the bucket of water that we'd been filling our water pistols up in, and raised it up in my arms. "Keep laughing, I dare you."

"AWH no, dude, you're dead." Quil grinned, glancing at Jacob who slowly started to back away, the smug smile falling from his face.

"Correct, Quil. He's dead," I smirked, tilting my head as I fixed my eyes on Jake, stalking towards him.

"Woah woah woah! Emma! I'm sorry, okay? I shouldn't have laughed.. You should get Paul, he threw you in!" Jacob defended himself quickly.

"But that's no fun. I wanna see you cry, Black." I smiled evilly, before I threw my arms out and tossed the bucket of water over his head. Jacob was left dripping, and as the boys cracked up again behind me, he stood there shocked for at least a minute. When he finally looked up to my smirking expression, his eyes were dark.

"You'll regret that." Jake warned, and I squealed with laughter as he swept me up, running off towards the sea.