Part 13

Applejack woke up, slowly sitting in bed. "D-Dash. Wake up, we gotta take AppleCloud to schoo-" she said with urgency, reaching over to Rainbow's side of the bed, only to have her hoof paw at air and land on the mattress. "Oh."

It's been like that for 4 years. And an icicle pierced her heart. She looked over at the empty spot on the mattress. No Rainbow on it. Suddenly, she remembered AppleCloud was over at Sweet Apple Acres.

She slowly got up and stumbled into the bathroom. Dash filled her thoughts as she turned on the shower. While she was getting in it, she turned on the small radio near her bed.

"-ey Hey! You're listening to 103.4, Neon radio, and today's featured song goes out to all you mares who've got that special,'forbidden love,' thing goin' on," the fuzzy voice called through the microphone, and the increasingly louder gutair sort of strum began.

((Bleeding Love, by Leona Lewis.)

"Closed off from love,

I didn't need the pain.

Once or twice was enough,

And it was all in vain.

Time starts to pass,

Before you know it you're frozen.

Ohh woah."

Applejack recognized the song right away, and a tear escaped her eye. The pain in her heart only wore her soul down harder.

"But something happened for the very first time with you.

My heart melt into the ground,

Found something true,

And everyponies lookin' 'round thinkin' I'm going crazy.

Hoo oo oo oo."

A warm memory of all the little perfect moments they'd had began to reel in Applejack's mind vividly, as the hot water pelted AJ's fur, but she paid no heed to it.

"But I don't care what they say,

I'm in love with you.

They try to pull me away,

But they don't know the truth.

My hearts crippled by the vein that I keep on closin'.

You cut me open and I,

Keep bleedin', keep, keep bleedin' love, I keep bleedin', I keep, keep bleedin' love, keep bleedin', keep, keep bleedin' lo~ove.

You cut me open.

Ooh, hoo."

Applejack was breathing hard, her mind screaming at her to shut off the scalding water, but instead, she remained in the shower, plagued with memories she didn't want to let go of just yet.

"Tryin' hard not to hear,

But they talk so loud.

Their piercin' sounds fill my ears,

Try to fill me with doubt.

Yet I know that the goal is to keep me from fallin'.

Hey-yey."

She shut off the water, finally feeling nothing. She exited the shower, not bothering to dry off. Eyeing the counter, she saw a pair of scissors on the counter.

"But nothing's greater than the rush that comes from your embrace,

And in this world of loneliness I see your face.