Part 6

Rainbow sat with her head in her hooves, and Applejack sat, running a hoof through her Rainbow mane. The passing events happened in a blur.

"APPLE CLOUD!"

She had been dangling off the barn, because nopony had been watching her. But, as everypony had taken notice, it was too late. She fell off, and sprained her left hindleg and left wing.

Normally, any Pegasus could heal in no time, but Cloud was just 3 months old. She had also damaged her left lung, falling on her side.

She was badly hurt. Doctors said if Cloud had any percent to live through this, it'd be a 13% of survival.

AJ and Dash were devestated. But, the longer that Dash sat in the waiting room, the longer the seconds ticked on to minutes, to what felt like years, She shook, silently holding back sobs. She wasn't about to show she was afraid. But she was. She feared for her little filly, whom she didn't deserve for letting this happen.

She hated herself. Applejack had no fault in this, she had just agreed to talk to Rainbow.

But just as she got up to go get some food, finally at the suggestion of AJ, one of the Doctors came. As Dash watched from a far, she brought her tray over.

Tick... 1

She saw Applejack look with worry in to the Doctor's eyes.

Tock... 2

When she came over, she heard the most devastating words exit his mouth.

Tick... 3

"She's...almost...gone..."

Tock...4

Rainbow stood by Applejack at this point, quivering, shaking, anger rising. The blood in her veins boiled. She dropped the tray, and the mashed potatoes and gravy coated the floor.

Suddenly her blood cooled to an icy temperature, or so it felt. She felt like a part of her died inside. Her elbows and knees felt like jello. She choked back the urge to cry.

Applejack had it worse. She wasn't going to show it, though. She needed to stay calm. But, it impacted Dash most of all.

Rainbow looked at the doctor in front of her. Unable to comprehend all the sorrow crowding her head. She let out a strangled cry, and collapsed to the floor, curling into a ball.

"D-Dash! I-it's all right! I-It's gonna be fine!"

She wasn't listening. She was imagining all the fun times she would've had, training that small filly to become the best of the best. All gone...

Suddenly, those flying lessons turned into visits to her grave. The chanting, excited crowd turned into a sorrowful, sobbing funeral service.

"There is, however, a way."

Rainbow looked up, her eyes red from nearly letting go completely. "How," she whispered.

"I do beg your pardon, but could you speak u-"

"HOW?!" She practically knocked him down.

The Doctor steadied himself, and adjusted his glasses. By now, everypony in the room was staring at them. "Come to my office," he said, leading them down a busy hall, and into a large, square room that had two book cases behind a large mahogany desk, and three chairs.

"Now, I understand your filly is almost gone, but there is a way to bring her health back."

"Na, just what are our options?"

"You could put her on life support, which is pretty costly, and have her on the lung donor waiting list, which is about 3 years,"He said, awkwardly.

"And," Applejack urged on, holding Dash in her arms. Rainbow had just blanked out and didn't respond to anything. She wasn't hurt, just on the inside, emotionally.

"You could have an expert unicorn come in and preform a magical ritual that cleanses the body. But, you have only one try. If the ritual doesn't succeed, she could die then and there. If only you know Princess Celestia. If you did, she could've done it for you."

Applejack's ears flattened. "I-Is that it?"

"Yes."

Applejack weighted both options. Which was better? And which could they afford?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gah! I nearly cried writing this. Rate, comment, and follow me! Suggest my book, and comment,"Meep," if your going to BRONYCON! I need to know so I can meet some of you guys there!

PS: don't be surprised when you find out I'm 12.... I mean, this much talented writing has to come from somepony who wants to show what us,"Little," kids are made of! *raises arms in air awkwardly.* okay I'll shut up.