Deleted scene || beauty

So I was thinking that since you guys are just absolutley amazing and since I have a few deleted scenes that I almost put in the book I decided to post them as Herin one shots :)

This would be taking place during their relationshp like around in the middle! I was going to put this scene in but I decided to have the chemo stop in the story but if I didn't I probably would have put this in the story :)

Hope you enjoy!

Erin's pov

I cry softly as I hold what was my hair in my hands. This was the last of it and now, thanks to the chemo, I'm bald and I've never felt worse. Harry has been the best boyfriend a girl could ask for throughout this entire journey. He makes me feel beautiful even though I know I look horrible.

"Knock, knock," I hear Harry say as he enters my hospital room. "How's my beautiful warrior today?" I can't help but smile at how sweet he is. I can see him holding something behind him and I can't help but wonder what it is.

"I've been better," I smile at him as he joins me on the bed. He back is facing away fom me so I can't see the object behind his back. "What are you hiding from me Harold?"

"This," He smiles and hands me a tiny wrapped box. I undo the wrapping paper and inside the box is a necklace that says "beautiful" on it. "I got this to remind you that you are beautiful with or without hair.

I can't stop the tears that form in my eyes from running down my face. "Thank you, but how can you see me as beautiful with no hair?"

"Hair doesn't make a person beautiful Erin. You don't need fancy clothes, makeup, or even hair to be beautiful."

"It helps though." I reply sadly. What he's saying is nice but is there anyway that it could be true? Who could love a girl with no hair on her head? It's only a matter of time until Harry relizes that himself and leaves.

"Ok that's it," Harry says forcefully before grabbing his coat and heads towards the hospital room door. "I'll be right back."

Maybe he already realized that I'm ugly and had to leave. The tears start coming faster as I think about Harry leaving me. I love him so much and I can't bear to think of life without him. I don't have much of a life yet but what I do have left I want to be spent by Harry's side. I let all my thoughts consume me as I fall asleep.

--

"Erin?" I hear a voie say as some hands reach out and start shaking my body trying to get me to wake up. "Harry?" I ask rolling over to face him.

"I'm here babe don't worry, sorry for waking you up but I have something to show you." I roll over and smile at him. He did come back, maybe he doesn't hate me ater all.

"That's ok I've slept a lot lately so it's not like I really need it." I smile and allow him to help me sit up on the uncomfortable bed.

"Ok, so here's what I need to show you." He grabs the hood of the sweartshirt he's wearing and pulls it off from over his head and I can't believe what I see. Where his beautiful brown curls used to be is now bare and shaved completely free of hair. I slowly get out of the bed and reach up to touch his bare head. "I thought that since you could rock the bald look then I should to." He smiles and turns around for me.

"You did this for me?" I ask still in shock. It's so weird seeing him without his curls but he still look amazing. After seeing this I finally understand what he was saying. When you love someone you are able to look past something as silly as being bald and still see their true beauty and how great it is. Harry looks stunning with his brown curls but seeing his with a clean shaven head and to know the love in his heart I can't help but see him as the most beautiful person in the world.

"Of course, I couldn't let you be the only one with a cold head during the winter." I laugh and wrap my arms around him in the tightest hug I can manage. I reach up to touch the soft skin that was hiding under a thick layer of hair all this time and I begin to cry again. This time however, they are tears of joy and pure gratitude and not sadness.

"Your the best person in the world you know that right?" I ask as I lean closer to him and plant a soft kiss on his lips.

"And you're the most beautiful person in the world you know that right?" He kisses me again and in that moment nothing else mattered, not the caner that's killing me, not the chemo, and certainly not the hair that is missing from both of our heads. All that mattered was me, him, and this moment.

--

"And when he takes off his cap

They all start to cry

Cause this morning where his hair had been

Softly she touches just skin" (Skin Rascal Flatts)

--

Author's note

Well I hope you all enjoyed this special deleted scene for The Bucket List! Sorry that it's rather short but I hope that you liked it regardless. I found this rather adorable I hope that you did as well!

If you guys want me to I can post some more of these if you like them!!

Love you all

~Kayla