Valentine's Day

YN groans quietly and reluctantly rolls out of bed, struggling to untangle herself from the warm covers. Releasing an impatient sigh, she grabs the edge of the nightstand and hoists herself up from her place on the ground.
She grabs her phone off the nightstand and to find a small heart shaped paper taped to the back of it.
"Dear YN,
I'm sorry I can't be home for Valentine's Day. I had Jackie leave some little notes and things around the house for you. There's a surprise for you in the kitchen.
Love,
Camila ♡
YN excitedly makes her way to the kitchen, hoping to find her girlfriend waiting for her. Instead she finds a stack of a stack of heart shaped chocolate pancakes filled with chocolate chips, barely recognizable under a pile of whipped cream.
Smiling to herself in an attempt to mask her disappointment, YN slides open a drawer and habitually reaches for a bent fork with another note from Camila attached to it.
Seriously, YN? You make fun of me from a distance too? Enjoy your breakfast -_- ♡
YN chuckles quietly as she recalls the time Camila got the fork stuck in the drawer. Camila had been too embarrassed to use the fork and suggested that YN should just throw it out, but her notoriously sarcastic girlfriend had already decided that it was her new favorite utensil.
After eating her breakfast, she finds another note on her bathroom mirror.
I'm sure it's safe to say you look adorable right now. I hope you like the pancakes!
YN crawls back into bed and rests her head on Camila's pillow. Not long after, she falls asleep with dried tears staining her cheeks.

YN whines in annoyance as a shrill noise wakes her from her slumber. She grabs her phone from her nightstand and quickly disables her alarm. She squints to read the notification that pops up on her screen.
Cam ❤️: Can you pick up a cake from the bakery for me?
Too groggy for the notification to raise any question, YN gets dressed and walks to the bakery. Her and Camila would occasionally walk to the bakery together, holding hands and taking turns dragging each other down the sidewalk.
YN enters the bakery and greets the owner, a close friend of hers. He puts a large box on the counter and pushes it towards her slightly.
"Camila said she wanted you to open this here."
YN opens the box, rolling her eyes at the frosted message on the heart shaped chocolate cake. She sighs in annoyance, reading the message aloud.
"Go back home... ugh, really, Cam?"
The man behind the counter chuckles. "You heard the woman, go back home!"
YN groans, mumbling a goodbye as she leaves the bakery. She walks back home and unlocks the door to her apartment, setting the cake box on the kitchen counter.
She drops her bag on the floor and makes her way towards the couch, scrunching her face in confusion when she steps on something. She looks at the floor ahead of her and finds a trail of small chocolate hearts leading to her bedroom.
As YN picks up the chocolates one by one, she hears the faint sound of someone strumming a guitar. When she reaches the doorway, she sees Camila sitting on her bed, strumming her guitar and humming.
Camila starts to sing "Can't Help Falling In Love," struggling to continue through the wide grin on her face. She gives up after about a minute, placing the guitar on the bed and rushing over to kiss her girlfriend.
After what feels like eternity, Camila unwraps her arms from around YN's neck and gives her a peck on the lips, wiping a few tears from both of their eyes.
"Hi."
"When did you get back?! I missed you so fucking much!"
Camila laughs, "I missed you so fucking much too! I actually got back... like... three days ago..."
"What?!"
"I wanted to like... really surprise you. So I gave Jackie my keys and the password to your phone to set the memo..."
Unable to stay mad at her girlfriend, YN sighs in defeat.
Camila giggles quietly, making her way towards the bathroom.
"Wanna come relax?"

After a long bubble bath, the two girls cuddle up in bed with a box of chocolate and a huge pink teddy bear. Camila had gotten far too excited for Valentine's Day and decided to buy YN the biggest bear that she could find.
YN tangles her legs with Camila's and holds her close, kissing the tip of her nose gently. After a few minutes of comfortable silence, Camila decides to speak up.
"YN?"
"Yes, Cameelaa?"
Camila rolls her eyes playfully, letting a quiet laugh pass her lips. "Yes?"
"I love you."
"I love you too."
"...Cameeelaa?"
"Yes?"
"I know it's late, but... do you wanna eat that cake?"
"Of course I do."