sick

You let out a groan as you sat up, your body aching and your throat raw. You moved your mouth into your elbow to cough, but realistically you were a spluttering mess. Rolling over in the bed, you checked the alarm clock, seeing that it was 1pm already. You picked up your phone from the bedside table and shot Millie a text telling her just how awful you felt. You were supposed to meet her for lunch after she recorded some new tracks with the rest of the band but that definitely wasn't going to happen now. She must've left early and let you sleep in.
Pulling the covers from your body, you stepped out of bed, you felt dizzy and hot as soon as you stood up and barely made into the next room before collapsing down onto the couch. Your whole body was shivering but your skin was hot to the touch and your bones felt weak, you barely had the energy to do anything. Flicking through the stations on the TV, you settled on some random home improvement show but mainly that was just background noise. You stared aimlessly at the ceiling for what must've been a few hours and before you knew it you were back asleep.
You awakened once again to the door unlocking and peeking over the couch you saw Millie . She seemed to be in a rush, quickly putting down her bags and taking off her shoes and coat. She picked up a small, brown bag from the floor and hurried over to you, kneeling at your head.
"Hey baby, how're you feeling?" She whispered, brushing her hand through your hair, "I think you're running a temp, you're burning up" She added, shaking her head a little. "Yeah, no kidding" You just about croaked out, instantly regretting your words when it sent you into a nasty coughing fit. Millie rubbed your shoulder and soothed you the best she could, helping you to calm down as she could do nothing to help you, she just had to let it pass.
"I don't even know how you got out here, but you really should've stayed in bed if you're this sick Y/N" She frowned, her eyebrows furrowing together in disapproval. Honestly, you found it kind of cute.
She placed the bag onto the coffee table and in one swift movement, picked you up bridal style. You tried hard not to giggle as your ribs hurt from coughing and your throat was dry. She brought you back into the bedroom and lay you down, fluffing up your pillow and tucking you under the covers. "Is that any better?" She asked, leaving a kiss on your forehead. You nodded slowly in response. "I'll be back in a second" Millie said, disappearing from the room and walking back in with that strange brown paper bag she had since she came in the door.
"I knew I wouldn't have time to cook for you when I got home, so.. I stopped by that really nice restaurant you like, you know the one just a few blocks away? And I got you some chicken soup, cause that's what you get people when they're sick, right? I left the studio as soon I saw your text, I just really wanted to be here for you and make sure you're okay" She said, taking the soup and spoon out of the bag and resting it beside you.