Future Worries

It was the year 1975 and you were visiting the Jacksons. Michael was your best friend since you  were a little child. Now you both were seventeen years old and still best friends.
But Michael seemed a little bit sad today. He was sitting on his bed and stared a hole into the wall. You had tried to make him laugh with telling him jokes and making funny faces. But it didn't work.
"Michael.", you finally said and sighed. He sighed as well. But that was the complete reaction, he gave.
"Michael, what is bothering you?", you asked. He shook his head and answered: "Nothing."
You rolled your eyes and said: "Michael, don't lie. I see that something is wrong." "It's nothing, really.", he said again.
"And what is this nothing that's making you feel so sad?", you asked. You wouldn't give up until he told you what was bothering him because you really cared about your best friend and you didn't like it to see him like this.
"I'm just thinking.", he mumbled. "About what?", you asked.
"My future.", he simply said.
"Your future.", you repeated concerned. You didn't understand what he meant by that. Why was he worrying about his future? He was only seventeen and already so famous. There was no reason to worry. And you told him exactly this.
"But Y/N, how can you say this?", he asked almost a little bit angry.
"What do you mean by that, Michael? How can I say that?", you asked back.
He shook his head as if he couldn't believe that you didn't understand what he meant. "How do you know that people in the future will still listen to my music? Right. You don't know.", he said. You took a deep breath and shook your head. "Your music is absolutely incredible, Mike. There is no way, people will EVER stop listening to your amazing voice."
He couldn't help it and giggled at this comment, "Thank you Y/N. I really appreciate this, but-" "There is no but!", you interrupted him, "I know that people in twenty years will still listen to your music. And they will listen to it in thirty years. And in forty years... You're not just creating music, Michael. Your music is art!"
After you said this, all he did was staring at you with his mouth slightly open.
"Y- you...", he finally whispered after a few minutes. "Yes, I mean it, Michael.", you cutted him off again, "You can follow your dream without worrying about it and I am pretty sure that you will become the biggest popstar in the world one day."
He giggled at this and just answered: "Okay." Then he got silent and stared at you again. But this time it wasn't because he was speechless, there was something in his eyes, you couldn't figure out.
"Umm, what?", you asked him unsure of what to do next.
He grinned a little bit and asked: "You never told me what you want to be."
"Huh?", you asked irritated. You were not expecting this question.
The grin on his face turned into a smile and he said: "What do you want to be in the future, Y/N?"