Back to the Start Chapter 3

"I swear that girl has the worst temper ever," said Lazar shaking his head at the girl who just drove off on her duel runnner he watched through the window. "She doesn't understand the concept of beggers can't be choosers. Though if she hates this job so much why doesn't she quit? I mean, she makes quite enough money as it is just being a singer and living with that baker/duel engineer and trainer she doesn't even need to sing."

"It might be possibly because she either just wants to keep as much fame as possible or wants to continue her connection with her only remaining childhood friend," said Goodwin staring off in the direction the girl disappeared, he nodded his head towards the directoin of Jack, who was spralled out on the couch, when he mentioned the childhood friend. Lazar chuckeled thinking of another possible reason of her staying.

"What if she has a little crush on this 'friend'?"

"That is possible but I doubt it. She was more of the other's type," replied Goodwin as if it was obvious.

"What are you two chatting about? Sorry to break your heart Lazar, but Star isn't interested in clowns," said Jack who what getting sick of the obnoxious laugh of the clown freak.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed or is Star's temper contagious," questioned Lazar. "Or is it possible you don't like the thought of two men disscussing about your girlfriend?"

"She is not my girlfriend by any means," scoffed Jack with a face of disgust. He personally will admitt she is attractive, but is too hyper and way more Yusei type, ironically. He began to wonder what they were talking about that inclueded her in the discussion.

"Jack have you talked to Zolo about the fixes that need to be done to your duel runner," Goodwin asked Jack.

"Not yet. I still don't know how it could break! I just had him fix it!"

"Maybe he didn't do a good job? Remember Star went home extremly mad that day. He couldv'e done it out of revenge," commented Lazar who never really liked the boy.

"No. I watched him and I know that if he is friends with Star he wouldn't have avenged us. Also Star wasn't mad because of me she was mad because of you," said Jack giving Lazar his 'duh!' expression.

"Well, before things get out of hand, Lazar and I have a meeting to attend to. See you later Atlas." With that the duo left the room leaving it with just Jack and his thoughts.

"Might as well call him now," Jack sighed as he pulled and dialled Zolo's number into the cell.

"Hello?"

"Hey Zolo. It's Jack," Jack could hear Zolo sigh into the phone knowing full well that Zolo knew something had happened.

"What happened?"

"My duel runner isn't working properly. I am going to need it fixed as soon as possible."

"HOW IN HELL IS IT NOT WORKING!!?? I JUST FIXED IT LAST WEEK!!! I'LL BE THERE IN TEN," shouted Zolo causing Jack pull the phone away full arms length away from his ear.

"Alright." Jack closed the phone rubbing his ears. "He is as loud as Star when she is just irritated."

About ten minutes later Zolo pulled up with an angry expression. He mummbled something to himself and screeched in a halt as Mina came rushing in not bothered to look where she was going while looking at her papers.

"Mr. Ja-" suddenly she crashed into Zolo and out of instint Zolo grabbed her around her back with one arm so she wouldn't fall.

"Hate to break it to ya, but I was here first," said Zolo smirking.

Mina instantly blushed and hurriedly fixed her hair and papers in hopes she didn't look bad for the hero.

"I am so sorry."

"Don't worry about just look before you cross." Zolo let go of the girl and turned his attention to Jack who stood there shaking his head. "So you were saying something about your messed up runner?"

"Yeah, it is out back. I was taking it for the morning test run and it wouldn't activate anything."

"So a duel runner that you can't duel with. That is a problem," said Zolo smirking turning on his heel and walked with Jack down the hallway leaving Mina to look at the backs of the two boys.

'They have nice butts. DID I JUST THINK THAT!?' Mina thought horrified slamming her free hand over her mouth as if she said her thoughts.

She hurried to her office to continue her work.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"In a way, Yusei I hope you run into Star so we can at least know she is ok," muttered Rally to Yusei when he finished repairing his runner for the test drive.

"You mean she was ok until I ran into her," said Night.

"Night I don't see why you are so mad at her. I mean you two always forgave each other no matter what happened," asked Tank who was sitting on the oppsite side of the room, luckily.

"SHE LEFT US TANK!!! WITHOUT SAYING GOOD-BYE NOR WHY SHE WAS LEAVING!!!"

"At least she didn't steal from us like Jack did," said Rally who was too deep in thought to know Night was yelling.

"Rally has a point, Night, so maybe tone the hate down a bit," said Tank.

"SHE DID STEAL!! SHE TOOK OUR HOPE! OUR DREAM! OUR FRIENDSHIP! OUR TRUST! THEN SHE CRUSHED IT ALL IN FRONT OF US!!! ON TOP OF THAT SHE CRUSH NO OBLITERATED YUSEI'S HEART," screamed Night feeling tears start to form at the wave of memories and the emotions they had with them come and crashed into every fiber of her being.

"Maybe there is a reason. I mean she did own a duel shop and those are illeagal here. The security could've came and threatened her," said Rally.

"BUT WH-" the sudden sound of a engine revving silenced the argueing turning to Yusei.

"Sorry Yusei," whispered Night as she tried to calm herself down from the anger.

"It is fine just stop bringing her up will you guys. I don't need to hear it because I was there so I will know what happened and remember it WAY better than all of you," said Yusei who blew off the steam that was building up in him. All his friends bowed their heads ashamed that they were argueing not even considering about how Yusei would feel.

"Are you almost done? I mean with the runner it looks good to me," excalaimed Rally who was jumping up and down with excitement.

Yusei smiled at his young friend nodded, "yeah." He too was excited tonight was the night. The night where he would outsmart the security. The night where he would see the sity up close not afar. The night where he would get back at his old friend. The night where he would get his beloved card back.

Tonight he would go into New Domino city, get revenge on Jack and retrieve he card.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The ball of fire started to pull it's covers of night as it sunk down into its water bed.

"I'm so glad it is finally night," said Star as she looked at the view from the balconey. "What is in the air? It feels like something big is gonna happen. It reminds me of the times of Team Satisfaction," commented Star who was always able to sense good things or bad things coming before they even start to arrive or form.

"Whatever it is please be safe guys," she whispered to those she left, facing the direction of the Satalite feeling as though it is going to start there.