Chapter 17

~~Chapter 17~~

~~A Moment of Rest~~
                  "I swear next time I see Lotor I will just-gah!" Allura yells to herself, she shoves her hands to the side of her waists. Both clenched into tight fists, making them go an odd shade of white.
"Trust me, we all do Allura." Keith responds with a snarl, as he leans on the pod. We're in the healing center, waiting for Shiro to pop out of his. I'm just standing next to Shiro's pod, while Keith leans on the one to the left. Allura is pacing back and forth, making me a bit nauseous at the sight. Ever since we've gotten back I've been a bit queasy, but nothing noticeable. Only a bit of dizziness, otherwise completely fine. I'm playing with my holster, while the two bicker amongst on and other. Allura complaining to Keith, and then him making a dart caustic comment back. Back and forth between the two, like a game. Out of nowhere I hear a pop, and a weird fizzing noise. Like the kind of hissing noise when you release pressure on the one of the air pipes.
"Somebody quick! Catch him!" Allura orders, speeding over to the pod herself. I quickly step in front of the pod, and reach out my arms. Shiro falls into my arms, and just lays there. Completely limp like a rag doll, the only thing assuring that head alive is his steady breaths. I stay completely frozen in my spot, even my breaths are uneasy and short. Like me right now, well I'm always short.
"Wha-where am I?" Shiro faintly asks, his voice almost inaudible. His head lifting a bit when he finally starts waking up, but he doesn't realize the positions he's in yet.
"Shiro! You're awake finally!" Allura barks at him, quickly dashing right in front of him. Keith stays put, leaning against the pod next to us. Pretending to be annoyed in the silent way, but I could tell he was relieved in a way. Shiro's eyes are droopy, and his jaw slightly slacking. He's still waking up, and he seems quite peaceful. Shiro's eyes examine the room, but still not at me. Until he finally does, and his eyes go wide. We're only about a feet apart in eye distance, and he's awkwardly placed in my arms.
"Why don't we get up properly." I chuckle, putting my strength in my left arm and hoisting him up. His arm wrapping around the back of my neck, and the other at his side. We're in the position where if his was limping, my arm wrapped around his waist for extra safety precautions.
"Why dont we take you to the control room?" I whisper to him, while Allura starts lecturing us about safety. Shiro nods his head with the little strength he has, and lets a little smile appear on his pale face. The smiles a nice change, from his blank expression.

                         "He's alive!" Pidge calls, as we enter the control room

"He's alive!" Pidge calls, as we enter the control room. I help. Shiro over to a chair, and carefully set him down.
"Barely." Shiro chuckles, making Pidge chuckle as well. I smile at Pidge, and she returns with one of her own.
"How's the D.I.D.?" Pidge asks me, returning her eyes to the screen. I look at her funnily, and I can see that she sees my expression out of the corner of her eye.
"Damsel in destress, D.I.D.." Pidge explains, chuckling a bit. I let a small smile slip because of the joke, which makes her smile even bigger. I sit in the seat to the right of Shiro's, and lay my head on his shoulder.
"Extremely tired." I respond, which makes Pidge laugh a bit. A toothy grin adorned on her face, giving her a warmer look. It's much nicer then her serious one, which is the expression she usually has. Shiro chuckles at my joke, and lays his head on top of mine. He must be really tired, but I honestly don't mind.
"You guys we're in there for a long time." Pidge jokes, putting emphasis on the "long". She keepsher eyes glued on the screen, almost as if she looked away she would perish.
"Exactly how long was I in the pod?" Shiro asks, keeping his head on top of mine. Pidge smiles st something, and continues typing.
"About two hours at the least. I wasn't in there so I can't be exact." Pidge responds after a few minutes of silent debate in her head. Well we were in there awhile, and I didn't really pay close attention to the time. So she is most likely right, she is Pidge.
"I would have to agree." I respond, I start twiddling my thumbs without even noticing. That wasn't a nervous habit, I just didn't have anything to do with them. I tuck my legs up onto the chair, instead of leaving them dangling.
"Allura must've been super annoyed when you got out Shiro, I presume you left mid-lecture." Pidge exclaims, and lets out a breathy laugh. I laugh a bit too, and so does Shiro at the comment.
"Yep." Shiro reply's, popping the "p". Allura is probably now lecturing Keith, poor him. Although, he probably isn't paying attention. So Allura's probably lecturing him about that, and he's probably ignoring her. I chuckle a bit as I imagine it, it's happened before.
"You guys comfy?" Pidge teases, and chuckles a bit. I can see her peaking at us through the corner of her eye. She's told me multiple times that she would "ship" Shiro and I if she didn't already with Lotor, I don't even know what her definition of ship means so I just roll with it. I mean, what's the worse it could be?
"I am." Shiro responds playfully, which makes Pidge laugh a bit. I chuckle a bit too, but I'm too tired to do much else.
"I think-" Shiro starts, but is interrupted by a yawn." that Y/N and I are going to take a well-deserved nap." He continues, snuggling closer into his chair. I smile at the comment, but happily obliged for I am exhausted. I close my eyes and smile, as I start to travel far away to the land of dreams.

~~Author's Note~~
Heyo! If you didn't notice I have a different image for the time skip, and that's because I was cleaning up my photos and I accidentally deleted the original one. Oops, but I like the new one two. Any-who, i enjoyed writing this chapter a bit too much. It's a sweet one. Anyways don't forget to like, comment, check out my other stories, and follow me. And as they say, I'm a hero just for fun.