Chapter 2

~~Chapter 2~~
~~Everything is Crumbling~~

"Um, if you don't mind me asking, how long is a so-called 'week'?" I ask awkwardly, I feel like I'm back when I didn't understand any of the terminology the Galra used back when I was just a mere slave.
  "Oh, yes. You see, a single week is just about seven of your quintants." Pidge smoothly explains, her face is cold, but warm and hopeful like she believes in something I don't understand quite yet. The whole room is filled with an awkward tension as all of us stay completely quiet, because we all have a million questions though we are all too frightened to ask even a single one of them ourselves.
   "So what were you doing back behind Zarkon's throne?" Keith curiously asks, he's the reckless one isn't he. The fact that he even considered asking me the question surprises me, with all the catastrophic things that have happened. I'm surprised, and slightly happy he did asked.
  "That's where they put the stealthy prisoners that tend to escape, or the ones who are dangerous to the Galra empire's entire reputation. Like me, if anybody who wasn't a Galra knew I was alive the whole entire Galra empire would crumble in ticks." I answer calmly, but as I reached the end of my respond my voice gets softer and quieter. If I was back in the horrible prison if I even mentioned the empire and I in the same sentence I would immediately be executed.
  "Why though, it doesn't make any sense why an Altean would destroy them. Even when you haven't done anything." Pidge points out, I almost laugh at their obliviousness. Though like before, I keep myself still and quiet. 
  "Originally Zarkon wanted to become allies with the Olkari kind through alliance-marriage, by using obviously Lotor and their youngest princess Sanobia. Though, by how the Olkari are now, you can tell that the marriage proposal wasn't accepted for a reason. That reason was me the naive slave. When Zarkon destroyed all the Alteans he left my ancestor out of the chaos,for our particular line had served him for decades and decades. I am pretty sure that's what you humans call them, right? Anyways, which lead up to me and my poor mother who is now deceased. I was born only thirty Quintants after my Lotor, which means we grew up together like brother and sister. Though, as time passed I was assigned at, -as you humans call it 9 years was it? To be Lotor's personal slave, and if I served him they would treat my mother who was very sick. So I listened of course. Though over time things changed, and Lotor and I got closer. Soon Zarkon learned Lotor had an romantic interest in me, and then suddenly everything flew apart. For when Zarkon learned the Olkari learned soon after, and didn't want to force Lotor in to a marriage when he had just found love. In the I was locked away, my mother was killed, and my pathetic story was just me dying in a stupid ship malfunction. The guards told me every single twisted lie of that story, and tortured me even more by talking about my love every single day. The time there was pure torture." I almost inaudibly explained, my heart was racing in my chest. Even though I had only told half of the long, chaotic story of mine. Everyone's reactions were all different in some way, some were angry, others empathetic, but some didn't even show emotion at all. Though, I saw in everyone a shine of hatred to Zarkon beyond the passion of anything I have ever seen in my entire existence.
  "So how long have you been in there?" Allura asks, but we all know the answer in our minds. I've been in there for countless days and night, so long that I lost track of time and whether it was day of night. Out of nowhere I hear a click, and then a too familiar voice.
  "Hello puny Paladins, I have been informed that you somehow got away with saving Y/N the Altean. I would like to thank you for releasing us from the prisoner and making our job of destroying you much easier. Now next time you think you stand a chance against us you will see her and know the true wrath of the Galra." Zarkon sneers, I'm so confused, I'm free and I can finally get back to Lotor. How could Zarkon win when I'm free?
  "If you're confused I'll make it clearer, Lotor is going to think that Voltron was the one who found Y/N and is now holding her captive. It'll be so easy to make him believe because he'll just be blinded by anger and hope, and when you're all dead and he's 'rescued' Y/N I'll just have one of the robotic-soldiers kill her and say it was a malfunction. I'll be killing eight birds with a puny pebble." Zorkan explains in a determined voice, I want to beat the living daylights out of him, but sadly multiple vast universes are inbetween us. I tear my eyes away from the screen to to everyone's expression, they're all filled with different emotions ranging from sad, angered, and confused. Yet they show all the same emotion in an peculiar way, and it's very interesting.
  "Father, who are you talking to that is more important than your own son?" A voice I somehow remembered asked, but I couldn't figure out who it was. The voice was harsh, but smooth. Serious, but still somehow had a tint of melodious. I swerve my head, but that was one of the worst mistakes of my life. For once I saw who it was I immediately knew I was in deep trouble. The mysterious voice was my Lotor. Out of nowhere I feel a sharp pain in my side, I am elbowed on my side out of the camera's view range by nobody other then Pidge. I'd groan from the pain, but I'm still in shock of whats happening this very tick. Lotor, the love I haven't seen in so called "years" is right there and I can't say a word. I want to scream and yell at him, jump in front of everyone and show I really am here. Yet I stay, lying on the ground in a position that makes me seem so fragile and delicate. Though I don't care in a way, in a very odd and strange way that I just can't explain.
  "I got news from one of our planets nearby that they saw a member of Voltron dragging an Altean into the ship as a hostage, and the only Alteans that are still alive are you and Allura obviously. Yet you both are completely fine and healthy, and in front of me. So I have every right to believe and hope that it is your Y/N." Zarkon fibs, I want to scream at the top of my lungs that I'm here and okay. Yet I don't for some reason. Strangely enough in a way I believe the fib, even though I'm right here listening to him. I hear a slam, and look at the others. They seem tense and befuddled at the scene that's playing in front of them. Except for Pidge, her composure is relaxed, and her face shows no signs of fear or tenseness... how interesting.
  "If you really do have my Y/N, and any of you pathetic wimps even try to glance at her. I will end your whole existence without even a second thought." Lotor viciously growls, I'm taken aback by what he just said. I can tell Lotor has changed a lot whilst I was in the prison, and it obviously wasn't for the greater good.

~~Author's Note~~

  We finally got some Lotor action. I didn't review the chapter because I wanted to get it out and also I'm lazy sooooooo here ye go. I honestly don't know if Lotor will be featured in the next chapter, honestly don't know. Though, he will pop up maybe over the screen. Also, I don't know if I should put Klance in the story if you do please comment and suggest how they get together. Okay now adios, french toast. :P (Also I know this one seems shorter, but its actually as long as the last one, it's just there are no spacers)