Chapter Twenty Two: Situational Reality

Note: This part is yet to be edited, later on this month there may be additions and deletions to this chapter. I'm not content with it's current form, but I figured I should post it as is for now (since I'm on a bit of a block) and edit it later when I can think of how to pull it together properly. 

I was in the middle of midterms so I'm sorry it's a week later than I promised. But I hope the length of the chapter will make up for it.

-----------------------------------------

The next morning all Akane feels when she wakes up is the fatigue that's coursing through her. The pleasant burning of her muscles for the first time in years...It was refreshing in some ways.

Lifting her arms above her head, she stretches out a bit before getting ready for the day.

A warm shower followed by an empty breakfast, she sat alone at her table meant for four. And as per her normal routine, she headed out to start the day. Mion perched on top of a tree branch in wait for Akane. As soon as she saw the younger girls silhouette she called out to her.

"Oi, brat. You ready for another day?" She flipped off the tree branch landing with a cat like grace.

"Not really." Akane responded in an indifferent tone, scanning the training field as if something was amiss.

"Well, too bad for you." Mion replied with a grin as she leapt up once more.

This time Akane was prepared for her attack, bringing her arms up in a defensive stance. The force from her foot was easily dispersed.

"You learn quick." Mion commented as she flipped back to her original position.

"I would hope so." Akane responded with a slight cockiness to her words.

"Anyhow, today is not for hand to hand combat. We're going to figure out your chakra nature."

At this, Akane paled. Unease began to rack through her.

"What's wrong?" Mion asked, noticing Akane's slight dismay.

"Uh.. I don't think that's a good idea..." Akane mumbled.

"Why?" Mion responded as she was shuffling through her pouch.

"Well.." Akane, who was unable to think of a proper excuse, said.

"Anyways, hold onto this paper for a sec." Mion demanded, handing Akane a small parchment.

"What is it?" Akane questioned, inspecting the blank sheet. There didn't seem to be anything special about it...

'She took the bait!' Mion smirked.

In just seconds light tan shift into a jet black reminiscent of dread before the paper disappeared all together in a shimmer of a deep purple chakra.

"Wha-?!" Mion exclaimed, her eyes widening in shock as she grabbed hold of Akane's hand, "that wasn't supposed to happen..."

"No way... you... I told you this was a bad idea..." Akane said, putting her palm against her face in disbelief.

"Hold on, try again." Mion said shuffling through her pouch and then trying to hand Akane another sheet.

"No way. The same thing is going to happen again." Akane refused, turning away just slightly.

"Just try it." Mion told her.

"No."

"Akane, do it."

"Fine, whatever." Akane said, not wanting to argue. She holds the parchment between her forefinger and thumb.

"What the hell?!' Mion exclaimed as the same sequence occurred.