Prologue

The harsh pitter-patter of the rain could be heard on just the other side of the steel door. At this time, no one was there to stop her from leaving; she was so close to freedom.

But why wouldn't her feet move any further?

Was it because of the fear that he will still find her no matter where she went? Was it because of the fear of not being able to adapt into another village because she was a monster? The fear of being judged?

Or was it something more?

'Leaving will be better...' she thought to herself... but she still couldn't move.

She stood there and contemplated the reasons.

Is it better to stay and live how I have been?

Should I go and live in fear? being unable to adapt... but at the same time havng the chance to start life over again?

After a few moments of dread, she made her final decision.

"I'm going to leave, grandfather is waiting for me! And he's going to be back soon... this is my only chance at freedom...I have to hurry!'

Slowly, she forces open the heavy door which would lead her into her new life.

Step by step she exits the building as she cautiously looked around.

Each step she took, the sound of crunching leaves would follow along with the occasional snap of small tree branches. The further away she got from the base, the quicker her pace would become. Soon enough, she was full out running. Her long, dark hair followed behind her as she jumped from tree branch to tree branch.

The force of the rain was increasing, and the freezing winds blew hard. She was cold and wet, and regrets not bringing her rain cape. But it was too late to go back now. It was so close, too close. The adrenaline coursing through her blood was the only thing allowing her to keep going without any rest. Once she reaches the village, she should be safe from him.

Run. Run. Run!

For hours upon hours the only thing on her mind was escaping, finding freedom.

Until finally...she had arrived. The sun shone brightly as if there hadn't been a storm just moments before.

She stood still and stared at the large arch, the entrance of Konoha.

The entrance to her new life. 

------

Word count: 384

---

Until next time!!

-XP4