Chapter Fourteen: The Written Exam

"That's enough!" A voice called out, stopping Akane a mere millisecond before she landed the blow. Still, the sheer force of it was enough to push Neji back a few steps.

A look of shock and hatred mingled upon his features.

"You've caused enough disturbance already. If you don't want to draw more attention to yourselves I suggest you end this now." Kabuto said with a serious face.

Her wildly flowing hair returned to normal however...her eyes were stained. The room was gradually filled with tension as her aura diminished from the room.

'Akane...' a voice faintly called out to her from within.

But...she couldn't hear it.

She looked down at her hands with wide eyes. 'Why did I do that? What even was that?' She thought to herself.

Then she remembered. Kabuto was here.

And once again she was filled with a fury like she's never felt before. A fury that even scared herself.

She turned around sharply, stepping forwards till she was right in front of Kabuto.

"You," She said with a deep glare etched onto her complexion, "Whatever you are planning, whatever you came here for, I promise you I will stop it."

And with that she turned and walked away towards the unoccupied corner she was situated in before.

Those part of the Rookie Ten looked at her with confusion. Everyone else was staring at her, no, more so they were glaring at her. Neji... well he was fuming. As he was about to go after Akane, the girl with the two buns held him back, silently shaking her head.

She sat down on the floor, leaning her head against the wall behind her as she shut her eyes. She could feel the power radiating from them, she knew they weren't her own deep blue eyes. Rather, they were the eyes of a demon.

A demon who was scared. Furious. Aching for dominance, wanting to prove it's own power.

And Like that Akane stayed like that, secluding herself in a bubble filled with her thoughts as she tried to suppress the monster stirring within her.

"Next is Gaara of the desert." Kabuto said, and at this her ears perked up slightly.

" His mission experience is 8 C-ranks. B-ranks... Wow, one B-rank as a Genin, eh... He is a Genin from a different land, so there is no further detailed information. But... It seems he has returned from all of his missions uninjured." Kabuto read off of the card.

'B-Rank as a Genin...' Akane thought, 'It's.. strange. But I guess he isn't Genin level anyways.'

She scanned the crowd looking for a familiar face. Gaara was glaring at Kabuto as well as everyone in that general direction.

Out of nowhere Naruto begins to yell, "My name's Naruto Uzumaki. I won't lose to any of you! Got it?!" Pointing to each and every person in the room who in turn glared at him.

'This idiot...' Akane thought.

Sakura proceeded to apologize on Naruto's behalf which only ended in her yelling at him.

During this commotion the sand ninja- all three who were present- began to move. All three of them were headed towards Kabuto.

One of them went for a direct attack by throwing a punch, but Kabuto easily dodged it.

'That's it?' Many thought. The sound ninja was relatively slow and quite off mark.

Krink! The loud chirp emerged from the glass of Kabuto's glasses which were now completely shattered.