Chapter Eight: Despair

Akane's Family pic above

Akane's Family pic above. (Mentioned in this chapter)

Akihiro Sarutobi - Her father - top left

Hayane Momi - Her mother - top right

Yuma Momi - Her sister - Age 12 - bottom left (Forgot to draw an arm.... Opps.)

Akane Momi - Age 3 - bottom right - (Forgot to shade in her hair) :p

(Listen to the song?)

-----------

Akane crouched down in front of the graves of her former mentor and her former peer. Placing a single white carnation on each grave, and wishing them peace in the afterlife. She stayed like that for a few moments as her team watched her in silence.

Of course, they were happy with how things ended up. The island was free, and the people would be able to connect to the mainlands in hopes of increasing the prosperity of the island. Zabuza and Haku dying may have been a regret, but it showed them the truth of the shinobi world. It inspired Naruto to find his ninja way, and become a shinobi who lives by his own morals.

Naruto's also managed to give Inari bravery, which he passed along to all the other villagers. Because of this, the completed version of the bridge was named 'The Great Naruto Bridge'. But, that's story for later.

When Akane stood up, Kakashi stood behind her and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Akane, Zabuza asked me to pass on a message from him." He said, to which Akane nodded, wondering what the hell it could be.

"When he knew he was to die, he asked for me to tell you to check the hilt of his sword." Kakashi said (The question is when was that...- -') . For a moment Akane looked at him in confusion before turning around and slowly walking towards the sword. After examining it, she found that on the hilt of the sword there was a small barely noticeable button that could have easily been mistaken as a smithing error.

She hesitantly placed her finger on the button as her younger comrades looked at her in confusion. Simply applying a little pressure to it caused the bottom cap on the hilt to pop up.

She peered inside to find a piece of paper. Pulling it out, she began to unravel it. As she read the text her eyes widened. This note- no, letter- addressed directly to Akane showed that Zabuza never really intended to hurt Akane.

She carefully took in the words Zabuza never had the chance to say to her face to face.

-----------------

Akane,

If you are reading this, it must mean I'm gone now. It's time... for you to know the truth. Why I was guarding you all those years, why I trained you, and why I left you in the hands of Orochimaru.

When I was a boy, I left the village hidden in the mist to... achieve greater goals. However, being young, taking care of myself was difficult. I wandered onto a route with no villages in sight. As I was on the verge of starvation I just so happened to stumble upon your father's camp. It was then I first met your father.