Chapter Three: The Path to Becoming a Genin

Recently, the students at the Academy took the test to determine if they were worthy enough to become a Genin. Akane passed the test with flying colors and graduated from the Academy at top of her class.

Today was the day they were going to be assigned teams and a Jonin Sensei to lead each team.

As Akane passed through the doors of the classroom she immediately noticed Hinata sitting down in the back, so she proceeded to walk towards her. However, Hinata didn't take notice of Akane even after she sat down. Her eyes were darting back and forth from a certain blondes figure and the table as she tried to suppress the oncoming smile.

After a few minutes Akane decided to call out to Hinata, "Hey Hinata.... What are you looking at?"

Almost immediately HInata's face flushed. "N-nothing!" Hinata blurted out while turning to face Akane.

"Maybe... Naruto?" Akane smirked.
"N-no!" She tried to convince Akane.

"Hmm?" Akane said as her smirk grew wider, "When ever you're looking at Naruto, it's never 'nothing'."

"W-well... I mean... I thought he failed. But he was able to graduate so...!" Hinata said, cutting herself off after she didn't know how to continue.

"Well, think of this. What if you, me, and Naruto were all on the same team? Wouldn't that be amazing?" Akane teased.

"A-Akane!" Hinata exclaims.

A commotion started between Naruto and Sasuke.

"Looks like the two are at it again." AKane said, putting her head down on the desk as she really can't deal with annoying things.

As Akane lived in Konoha the past two years, she grew to be a tiny bit spoiled. Well compared to her old self who wouldn't let anyone spend money on her on things like food.

She learned to accept when adults buy food for her, because that's just what adults do. But she still works to earn her own living expenses and for the most part pay for her own food and clothes and such.

How you ask? Well running small tasks around the village helped her earn money. Even though these jobs were usually reserved for genin Ninja as D-rank missions, her grandfather being the Hokage allowed her to get away with a few things.

However, she never left the village. She was too scared. She was too scared of Him finding her and taking her back. Maybe even kill her.

She still refused to reveal her identity as the Hokage's granddaughter to the public though. As of now only a few higher authorities and a few people around the village knew***.

(*** Hinata, Kurenai, Hinata's father, Ebisu, some Anbu)

She wanted to build up her relations with her own power, and not just because of who her family is.

Akane picked her head up again only to witness something she wished she hadn't.

Sasuke and Naruto.

The two's lips were locked together.

Immediately her head went back down as commotion started up again. This time, many people were lashing out at Naruto.

"Okay everyone! Settle down now!" Iruka sensei said. When the rest of the class calmed down, he continued onto his speech. "As of today, you all have become full-fledged Ninjas... However, you're still Genin. The tough parts still to come! From here on, you'll be in a squad of three, except one group will be in a squad of four. You will work with that squad and carry out your missions under your Jounin teachers. The groups have been determined so that the strength of the groups will be balanced. Now for the assignments!"