Chapter One: Akane Has Appeared!

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Lord Hokage, is it okay to enter?" A man's deep voice asked.

"Yes, come in."
The door opens and two men enter, followed in by a young girl, who was then followed in by an older female. All but the young girl were wearing white and red masks with some type of animal featured on each.

"This girl was found outside of the gates. According to reports, she was there for well over 3 hours, and was acting strange. She didn't respond to the guards when being questioned, and refused to move from where she was. We went in, and decided to bring her to you." The tallest man reported.

"Yes, very well. You may leave now, I will deal with her personally." Lord Hokage replied.

"Yes, Lord Hokage." The three said, then saluted and left the young girl with the noble and well-respected Hokage.

"You have finally come, my dear." The Hokage started.

"Yes grandfather, but... I don't know what he will do if he knows I'm here... The village might be in danger." Akane said, looking down at her shoes.

"Whom are you speaking of?"

"Orochimaru-Sama...." She said in obvious fear.

"Ah yes... Don't worry about that Akane. I, and every ninja in this village will protect you and the village from him." Though, there was doubt evident in the Hokage's words. Orochimaru wasn't just powerful and he was much more than just another villain. He could massacre a village within just a few hours. If Konoha was an exception or not was to be seen.

Knock. Knock. The door then opened without any permission granted by the Hokage.

"I have a mission report... Oh sorry, am I interrupting something?" Said someone with an obvious smell of cigarettes. To Akane, this voice was somewhat familiar.

She slowly turned around, and came face to face with yet another member of her family.

"Who's this?" The man asked.

"Don't you remember, Asuma?" The Hokage asked with a bit of amusement in his tone.

Asuma slowly walked up to the girl and examined her carefully.

"Ah!! Akane!" He exclaimed and picked the girl up holding her high above his head, as if he was handling a toddler.

"Uncle Asuma?" She questioned, seemingly unfazed by his sudden actions. Though in reality, she was quite surprised and slightly embarrassed.

"Yep, remember me? I haven't seen you since you were two!" Asuma said!

The only reason Akane recognized Asuma was because of a photo her dad had given her before he died. The photo consisted of all of his family from Konoha, who she had only met a few times before. Even then, she was much too young to remember their faces. Although, her grandfather was an exception.

Akane slightly nodded her head.

"Umm... can you put me down please, Uncle?"

"Ah yes, sorry about that!" He said sheepishly, while placing her back on her feet, chuckling slightly. "When you were little, you used to love going high up in the air. Though I guess you're too old for that now!"

"Really?" She asked, being truly curious.

"Yes, I remember too." The Hokage smiled, "You also really loved dumplings. Do you still?"
Akane nodded her head.

"Then why don't the four of us get dumplings for dinner tonight!" Her grandfather suggested.

"Four?" Akane questioned. Well, there were only 3 people in the room after all.