Chapter Nineteen: Sakura and Mion

Rushing out of the room with her head down Sakura ran and ran. Away from Akane, away from her uselessness, away from everything.

She didn't want to face Akane... she couldn't. She was too untrustworthy...Just as Akane said.

Because it was the truth.

Sakura knew nothing... she was scared of Akane... she wanted to get close with her teammate, but wasn't sure if she could handle all of Akane's said pain...

She was useless... a hinderance. Not only to Akane... but to her entire team.

Always leaning on them for support when she couldn't do anything herself. Using their power and strength to make up for her lack of it.

And when they needed her most... she was too much of a coward to do anything.

Slamming her hands down on the floor's main desk she said, "Send a medic to Akane Momi's room... please." Not once making eye contact with the person at the desk.

"Uh... okay?" The lady responded with confusion.

Sakura turned back to head towards the exit, now that Akane was awake the medics would take care of her...she had no reason to stay any longer.

Stopping in her tracks right in front of the stairs that led to the exit, she hung her head.

"What... what am I doing?" She muttered.

When Akane needed her most... she was just running away... as always.

Because... Because she is weak...

"No... No... I can't always run away... if I really want to be friends with Akane... I need to accept her as she is now... I.. I really..." Sakura said to herself, "No... I need to go to Akane. I need to become someone she trusts... someone she can rely on"

Even if it takes forever. Because they were teammates...and to Sakura... they were friends. Sakura was unsure if she would truly be able to do this... but she had to try. Because if she didn't even take the chance she had... she would regret it even more.

She rushed back to Akane's hospital room, even faster then when she was running away from it. Her determination fueled her.

Inhaling and then exhaling to calm herself, Sakura moved her hand to open the door... but her breath hitched in her throat when she heard Akane's voice.

"This again... Gaara?"

Sakura stopped in her tracks as her eyes widened.

'Why... why is he in there?' She thought as she felt a chilling feeling run through her spine.

"You... what did you mean before...?" Gaara said, confirming he was indeed in there.

"I don't know..." Akane responded after a moment.

Sakura could feel his bloodlust intensify even from the other side of the door. She stood there frozen in fear.

"It seems... That you are in pain..."

Sakura's eyes widened as she continued to hear Akane speak.

'He... he can kill her!' Sakura thought, 'I need to help her... she's already injured!' But... she couldn't will her feet to move.

Gaara... he was much worse than the three sound ninja combined.

'Huh? Why... why can't I open the door...Why can't I go forward to help Akane.' Tears welled in her eyes, 'Why am I this useless?'

"Why... why can't I kill her?!" She heard Gaara roar, causing her to take a step back in fear.

Suddenly the door slammed open. She came face to face with Gaara, who stood with a glare imprinted on his face.