Chapter Twenty: Waver

After a month(two) long hiatus, I return with a shitty chapter. I don't like this chapter nor the previous one, but it has to happen. The information is too important to skip out on, but its also very wordy and has a lot too it. :l

I had a hard time writing this... hell i completed ch 21 before this... *sigh*  itll be up soon tho

-----------------

Ch 20

Akane ran out of the room.

Slamming the door open she rushes down the hallway and hurriedly stumbles down the stairs.

"If you would excuse me, Lord Hokage." Mion says before setting off to follow after Akane, closing the door behind her softly.

"Akane!" She called, "Stop!"

Akane just kept running.

Leaving the building with her head hung, biting her lips to keep her tears from falling, letting her feet take her wherever. It didn't matter where she went, as long as she could get away.

Dodging villagers who shot back confused or concerned looks, she just kept going.

And Mion continued to follow.

"Geez this brat." She muttered under her breath. Even though she herself didn't know why she was going after Akane, she did it anyways. Although they were complete strangers, there was something about Akane that sparked something inside Mion... something... something she hadn't felt in a long time.

Akane's pace slowed as she neared the training grounds. The pain, negativity, and fear inside of her were bubbling at bursting, sending attacks straight to her heart. She started to stumble over her own feet just before tripping and falling to the ground.

She grabbed hold of the fabric of her clothes blocking her from her heart, clutching it hard as a means of dulling the pain. Continuing to lay on the floor as the pain coursed and overflowed inside her, she made no motion to bother to get up. Tears, once more, trailed down her cheeks in a stream.

The doubt that was budding inside her from the moment she stepped foot into the Hidden Leaf began to blossom, suffocating everything else inside of her. The chains she tried to bind around the small bud burst as a translucent flower bloomed in it's place.

Her grandfather... the one who promised to protect her... is the one who instigated all her fears... forcing her to relive the memories she wanted to forget.

He held no trust in her.

She didn't share the familial bond with him that she thought she did. In his eyes, she wasn't a granddaughter.

Akane was just... just another troublesome demon that needs to be controlled. A monster that doesn't know how to hold back... a threat to humanity... to Konoha.

If he managed to gain her trust and tame her.... She was just one less threat to Konoha.

Akane let out one long deafening and heart wrenching scream... before she went completely silent. She turned onto her back, resting one hand over her eyes as the other stayed on her stomach.

Her tears dried were dried out by the time Mion was hovering over her.

She was getting used to the pain... again.

"What happened back there?" She asked, a rough gentleness coating her voice.

"Nothing... nothing happened." Akane said, her voice just slightly weaker than usual.