Chapter Nine: The Right Decision

I am so fucking sorry its been over 20 days since the last update. I have a load of excuses but then again they'll simply turn into empty words. 

Without further ado here is chapter nine. 

-----------------------------

I love you all, I know i'm shit.

----------------------------

Play the song...? On loop maybe...?

---------------------

Sakura, who had been in a sullen mood since her...mishap with Akane, slowly trudged behind her team on their way to the Hokage's office. As they grew near the entrance of the building she turned her head slightly to take a quick glance at Akane, wondering how she was feeling.

Except... she wasn't there.

Sakura's head perked up as she looked around, realizing Akane was nowhere in sight.

"Kakashi-sensei!" Sakura exclaimed, "Akane isn't with us!"

The two other genin stopped walking and looked back to see that she really wasn't there.

"Huh?! Where did she go?!" Naruto yelled being suddenly alarmed, "It can't be...! Did we forget her in the land of Waves?!"

Kakashi, Sasuke, and Sakura all looked at him as if he was crazy.

"Naruto... she walked into the village with us..." Sakura said.

With a sheepish smile as he scratched the back of his head he said, "Oh yeah..."

"Akane just went to take care of some business, so she won't be joining us to give the mission report." Kakashi said. Of course, anyone could tell Akane left because of what had happened these past couple of weeks...except Naruto.

"Huh?! Did she go to take a dump or something?" He asked in complete seriousness,

Again, the rest of the team stared at him as if he was crazy.

"Naruto... are you really this stupid?" Sasuke asked.

"OI! I'm not stupid you jerkface!" He yelled in reply.

"Sure you aren't, you loser." Sasuke said with a smirk.

As Sasuke and Naruto continued to bicker over... nothing really, Sakura hung her head.

'It's... all my fault isn't it?' She thought to herself.

Willed by her curiosity, she pestered Akane to reveal things that she didn't want to and upsetted her.

Sakura... really regretted her actions. Yet at the same time she doesn't regret finding out the information.

Why...? Because this would bring her one step closer to befriend her mysterious teammate.

"Six. I was six when I turned into a murderer."

Six. Akane... had experienced killing at the age of six. She had already witnessed the reality of being a shinobi before entering the Academy.

'But... why call herself a murderer?' Sakura couldn't help herself from thinking.

Shinobi, whether they want to or not, end up killing at one point or another. It's just the way things have to be done.

To protect the innocent, the corrupt must give up their lives- willingly or not.

That's what they learned at the academy after all.