Chapter Two: Konoha Rookie Academy

"Okay class, settle down now!" Iruka sensei demanded, "We have a new student here with us today! Let's have her introduce herself now!"

As the class quieted down, all the focus shifted to Akane as she stood in the front of the room. It was her very first time attending a school so she didn't know exactly what to expect.

"I'm Akane Momi, from the Momi clan." She said clearly and boldly. The other students were whispering things like 'I've never heard of that clan' and such. At that moment, Akane thought, 'Well of course you haven't, they were killed off when you guys were six.'.

"Good job, Akane. Everyone, make her feel welcome! Okay, let's see... your seat will be next to Naruto Uzumaki." Iruka-Sensei said.

"I feel bad for her"

"How unlucky"

"Why would Iruka-Sensei do that to her?"

Comments like that frequented around the room. 'What was so bad about this 'Naruto' Kid?' She had to wonder.

Right when she sat down, she understood why. His voice was extremely annoying to her, and he wouldn't stop talking. "Hi, I'm Naruto Uzumaki, I'm going to be the Hokage...."

'Hokage? Really now? ' she thought. She simply nodded, then tuned him out as she took out her school books. 

 Currently, the entire class was staring at Akane.

To herself she said, 'Is there something wrong with me? Is that why they're staring?'

"OI! Are you even listening?!" The annoyance asked.

"No." She replied honestly.

The entire class erupted into fits of giggles and hysterics, completely confusing Akane. Maybe socializing just isn't her thing.

Naruto 'hm phd' and sat back down in his seat. Little did Akane know, his annoying voice and mannerism wasn't the reason he was so hated upon. It was much, much more than that.

Class continued on, and the rest of the 3 hours until lunch break were pretty mundane to Akane. They were lectured on three topics. First, history of the ninja. Second, battle strategies + a small portion on rules of a ninja. Lastly, current problems in the ninja world. For the most part, the lectures were interesting, Akane learned some new things and remembered others. School wasn't exactly 'fun', but she wouldn't mind going everyday.

The bell rang, signaling lunch break. Today, it seemed as if she had to eat lunch alone.

After everyone filed out of the room she followed suit. Akane found a tree to sit in at the corner of the academy grounds. She jumped onto a branch somewhere in the lower middle of the tree, and set up herself to eat. Her lunch was just a simple rice ball with nothing inside. When she was enslaved by Orochimaru, this would have been a luxury.

You see, Orochimaru didn't really care for his subjects. They were fed by Kabuto, who gave everyone but Orochimaru and himself the bare minimum needed to survive. Then again, Orochimaru didn't really eat, so much of the food that was meant for him went to waste. But to Kabuto, it showed his devotion to Orochimaru.

Along with the fact that this itself was a luxury, she didn't want to waste her grandfather's, nor Asuma's, money on herself. They've already done so much for her after all. Also, she didn't want to act greedy, or become use to this kind of treatment. Ever since she was young, she had to work for everything. Food wouldn't just be handed to you, they would rather you starve than have food without working for it- even if you were ill.

After a minute of savoring her small lunch, Akane notices Hinata walking towards the tree. She comes and sits down while not noticing Akane sitting directly above her. Hinata slowly began her lunch. Ever so often her gaze would shift towards a certain spiky-haired blond. If Akane knew something, it was that whenever a girls eyes follows a certain boy's figure, it usually meant she had some sort of feelings for him.