I Stole His Nutella And He Stole My Heart (Chapter 23)

I hoped you enjoyed the last chapter. I cried so much. Yes I have feelings. So surprising right?
***********************************
"Honey do you want some Nutella?" Vanessa shakes me gently, interrupting my needed sleep.

"No." I answer truthfully. Nutella was mine and Ryan's thing. I don't want it if he's not alive.

"Okay, well there's something I have to tell you." She looked all serious.

"What is it?" I winced at my voice. I sounded so depressed. I sound like a depressed little monkey.

"Ryan's not dead." I blinked at her as she casually sipped her tea.

"What?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing. That has to be a lie. I saw my puddin almost die right in front of me. No one could survive a blow to the head like that.

"He flatlined but they revived him." She sat down beside me carefully. "He's in a coma baby." She lowered her head.

I couldn't process this. My baby isn't dead. I don't have to live with these unbearable feelings anymore. Happiness and sadness fought in my mind. I don't know wether to feel relieved or still sad that I'm the one who caused this.

He probably would never want to see me. He probably is thinking about how another girl would of did him so much better. I lost my mother and my lover.

"He wouldn't want to see me, would he?" Vanessa gave me a confused look.

"What are you talking about? He's not even fully awake. You're his girlfriend."

"I don't think he wants to be my boyfriend anymore, van." I looked out the window with fresh tears brimming in my eyes.

"Why would you think that?" The question hit me hard in the chest.

"My mother shot him and I'm the reason." Tears spilled from my eyes like fountains of darkness.

Vanessa wrapped me in a tight embrace. She didn't say anything but she didn't need to. Her embrace was enough.

I can't believe I would even think he didn't want to be with me. Ryan loves me. He has always been there for me.

"Can you take me to the hospital?" She nods, her hair bobbing up in down in perfect motions.

I just take the time to look at her. What would I do without her?

"Do you want some Nutella?" I shake my head no. Only because that was mine and Ryan's thing. I would never eat Nutella while he's not here. In my mind I know he would do the same.

"God your love story is killing me." She waved her hand in the air vigorously.

I chuckled to myself. Grinning as wide as possible. "I missed you." I smiled at my bestfriend.

"I missed you too." She smiles back. "Now get your shit together we're going to see Ry."

I did exactly as she said. I ran to brush my teeth and hair. I threw on some sweats and shoes. I looked fabulous.

Now it's time to drive.

We take my car. I start pulling out and something hits me. "Fuck." I screamed as me and Vanessa both went forwards. I felt myself slide away from reality. I went face first into the window, glass hitting my face.

Last thing I heard is "Baby, get help!" Then the blood started running down my shirt. I started to fade away into the blackness.

******

Beeping interrupts my deep sleep, outstretching my arms to wake up. I feel very stiff while stretching. How long have I been asleep? I should recite all the Dear Evan Hansen lyrics to make sure I'm okay.