23

E L S A

I gasped for air once I opened my eyes. It was dark and I had no idea where I was. I tried moving my body, but didn't get anywhere because I was in such a small space. I felt my hands around until I touched something cold and rectangular shaped. My phone!

I picked it up and turned on the light. What I saw made me gasp. I was inside of a wooden box, kind of like a coffin. What happened? Why am I inside a box? The last thing I could remember was eating ice cream on my blanket in the old park... oh crap.

It occurred to me that I tried to kill myself. I didn't know what happened after that. Who found me? I must have died since I'm in a coffin.

I felt around the wooden space again and felt some flowers and little notes and keychains. I smiled to myself as I thought of who gave me these things. I read the notes and then realised that I was actually in a coffin and that my friends actually thought I was dead. I started banging on the walls to try and see if anyone would hear me. Of course no one would, I was at least 6 feet underground.

I took slow breaths as I tried to calm down, so I could save the limited amount of oxygen inside the box. I picked up my phone again and saw that there was still battery left and that I had several messages from Jack. They were all so sad, all I wanted to do was hold him. So that's what I planned to do.

I opened the messages icon on the phone and went to the messages that Jack had sent me. I typed the message and took a deep breath before I hit send.

To Jack:
Save me

I locked my phone and closed my eyes. I took slow, deep breaths so I could save the air that would soon be gone if Jack doesn't get me out of here. I started to think back on what happened before I got to this place.

After I tried to kill myself, some memories are foggy. I know that I heard distant screams and cries before I blacked out, but I don't know what happened after that. After a couple minutes of thinking, my mind started showing me things that I saw while I was in a coma.

I opened my eyes and felt the non existent weight come off my shoulders. I'm so glad I'm not dead right now. I can make my life from here on out the best I can make it. Well, I have to get out of here first.

My phone started buzzing and I picked it up. Jack's contact name was on the screen so I immediately answered the call.

"Hello?" Jack said over the line.

"Jack" I said quietly. I smiled at the sound of his voice. I thought I would have never heard it again.

"Oh my god, Elsa! Are you for real? Are you actually alive?! Oh my gosh where are you? I'm gonna come find you! I promise!" Jack started shouting over the phone. He kept rambling so I had to say his name a couple times.

"JACK!" I shouted. He finally stopped talking and I giggled slightly.

"Yes, I'm alive. I don't know why. But I need you to come get me. I'll die if you don't hurry so you better be here soon or I'll haunt you." I said in a serious tone, smiling to myself.

"Alright, alright! I'll be there in 5 minutes!" And with that, Jack hung up the phone. I put my phone down and closed my eyes as I tried to listen to the outside world for any sign of movement.

After what seemed like forever, I started hearing shoveling and shouts. It wasn't long until my coffin was being pulled from the ground and the top was opened. I was hauled out of the rectangular box and into someone's arms. I instantly knew it was Jack. I hugged back so tightly that I thought we would break each other.

Finally we pulled away and Jack had tears in his eyes. I kissed his cheek and looked behind him. I saw everyone standing there. My sister, friends, Jack's mom, Lucy, all of them were there. I ran to my sister and hugged her as she cried into my shoulder. I then went around and hugged everyone else.

No one spoke. Just tears were shed and hugs were given. After several minutes of silence, I finally broke it.

"So... what's up?" Everyone just laughed until Flynn spoke up.

"Nothing much. Just standing around trying to figure out how you're alive."

"I don't even know. One minute I was passed out, the next I was underground in a dark box with little oxygen." I said still confused as to why I was alive.

"I'm glad you guys got to me when you did. I don't think I would have lasted much longer. It smelled bad in there. I don't think I started rotting so I'm not the problem." I said looking down at my appearance. I was covered in dirt and it looked like I hadn't showered for weeks.

"Well, maybe I was the problem." I said and everyone laughed.

"Well. Do you want to go home?" Jack asked.

"Duh. I'm starving." Jack took my hand and we all got into the cars. It was so nice to be out of there. I watched as the trees flew by the window as we drove to Jack's house. I was so happy. I couldn't believe this was happening.

Now I can relax and just enjoy life.

Sorry for the long wait! I've been moving into a new house and I also ended up in the hospital. I hope you aren't too mad at me.

Anyways, I love you guys and thank you for putting up with me!

~ Kait