14

E L S A

"Clearly I'm right!" Anna shouted.

"No, I am!" Kristof exclaimed back. We were sitting outside eating our lunches peacefully by a tree. Well, it was peaceful until Anna and Kristof started arguing.

"Can't you just be a good boyfriend and agree that chocolate is the best thing that has been created on this earth!" Anna was pouting at this point.

"Okay, okay! Fine. Chocolate is the best thing on earth." He sounded annoyed. If you could see the genuine care he had for his girlfriend. It was cute.

A couple of us chuckled at their childish behavior. I keep forgetting that Anna and Kristof are sophomores in high school while the rest of the group are seniors. It didn't occur to me till then that I had no idea what I was going to do after high school. I didn't even think I would get this far in life. But here I am, sitting with a group of friends, a month away from graduating.

I've been so happy lately that i forgot about my suicide plan. I've only thought about it a couple times when I would feel down. Two months ago was when I had planned to do it three months from then. At this point, I'm quite content with where I am in life and don't plan on carrying through with killing myself. I just hope that nothing gets in the way of my recovery.

I was snapped from my thoughts when I noticed a hand waving in front of my face.

"You okay lassie?" Merida asked as I looked up. "The bell rang."

"Yeah. I'm okay. Just thinking."

Merida looked at me concerned before looking over her shoulder at our group of friends walking inside the school. She turned back to me and took my arm in hers and walked towards the building.

"About what?" She asked.

"Life. I was just thinking about how much you guys have impacted my life in the past couple months." I said with a smile on my face. Merida smiled back and hugged me. The warning bell rang and we headed off to our classes. I had art next.

Art was my favorite class throughout school. I've always enjoyed how I can express my thoughts and feelings through a canvas using different types of mediums. It gave me a sense of calm as it relieved me from anxiety and the world for a while.

Right now, we were working on the portrait project. We could choose who we wanted to draw, weather it be ourselves or someone else. I decided to draw Anna because A) she's my beautiful and caring sister and B) there was just something about her happy features that drew me towards the responsibility of perfectly drawing her. I spent the class creating a rough sketch while listening to music and studying the photo I'm using for reference.

My teacher, Ms. White, knocked on my desk, signalling me that class was over. She's done that since I started art with her freshman year. I would always get caught up in my work that I never noticed the bell ring, so she would always let me know when it was time to go.

I looked up at her and smiled before collecting my things and heading towards my locker. I placed my books in before shutting it. As I headed towards the parking lot, I had this feeling that someone was watching me. I started to walk faster as the feeling got stronger, looking at my feet as I walked. Just as I was about to reach the door, I was pulled backwards as a hand clamped over my mouth. I was dragged into the janitors closet and thrown on the floor. The door shut and the lights turned on.

I looked up to see a furious Melissa staring down at me.

"How the hell are you not dead? I leave for a couple months to give my mind some space and I come back to see that your alive and speaking?! That's not happening." Melissa said with a menacing look in her eyes.

Before I could say anything she was beating me up. I cried as I took the blows she threw at me. I was useless at self defence. As the beating went on I stoped feeling everything. I just stared at the wall across from me as I was slapped one last time before my head was pulled up.

"Listen here. I'm leaving you here to suffer alone. Jake won't come for you. None of your friends will. See this?" She said as she held up my phone.

"I texted them saying you were held back in class. They all said that was fine. I told them to go ahead and drive home and that you would be there soon. Now you have no one to help you. Have fun with the last couple minutes of your life." Melissa said before jamming something sharp into my leg. It was the worst pain I have ever felt. I tried screaming but no noise came out. Just a silent screech here and there.

I was left in the dark and empty closet, bleeding out and all alone. I looked around and found some towels that had been folded on a shelf. I attempted to crawl towards them so I could wrap my leg. It took a while but I was able to stop the bleeding and catch my breath. I cleaned up the mess as well.

I sat for a while, lost in thought. I looked at my phone and noticed it was about 5 in the evening. I had no texts or calls from anyone. Had they actually believed her?

I slowly got up from the ground. Everything was in pain and I didn't think I could make it home. I grabbed my bag and walked out of the school. Well, more like hobbled out of school.

I managed to make it back home without drawing attention to myself. I walked inside and headed straight to Jack's room. I grabbed clothes and went to the bathroom. I took a shower and let the water drown out my cries. I looked down at my body and saw the newly formed bruises and cuts. My leg had a huge gash in it and it was still bleeding slightly. It stung as water hit it but I didn't care anymore. I washed off my body and made sure all the blood was gone. I didn't want to put any stress on my friends. I've already done that enough.

I turned off the shower and carefully dried myself off. I put on the clothes I got and made sure all the bruises and injuries were covered before leaving the bathroom and heading to Jack's room.

I sat on the bed and stared at the wall. It just occurred to me at how quiet the house was. Now that I think about it, there were no cars in the driveway when I got home.

I pulled out my phone and texted Jack.

To Jack:
Where are you?

I sat and waited for a response. I pulled out a book and read since I had nothing better to do. It took about 30 minutes before I got a response.

From Jack:
Oh. Everyone went out for ice cream. Sorry we didn't wait for you. I figured you would be fine since you were at school. Do you want me to bring you anything? Are you home?

I frowned at his response. They left me? I responded back.

To Jack:
No. I'm okay. Yes I'm home. I going to bed. Goodnight.

I shut my phone off and turned over to turn the lights off. I didn't wait for his response before I drifted off to sleep to ignore the pain rushing through my body.