16

E L S A

It has been about a week since the little Melissa incident. When I came back to school, she was not happy that I was still alive. I managed to walk without much of a limp. I just had to walk slow or else Jack would have noticed something was up. I just told him I was sore from the beatings that I took whenever he would ask why I was walking so slow. He still doesn't know that Melissa stabbed me in the leg.

I still can't believe she would do something like that. And on school grounds too. She needs some help I think. But then again, so do I.

Melissa hasn't come near me the whole week. I've managed to keep my distance from her and Jack would always pull me away if he saw her coming our direction. She would still shoot me looks or send me notes, though. I've kept all of the notes secret. They are a bunch of death threats and mean comments. I try to not let them get to me, but by the end of the day there are so many that I can't get them out of my head.

It's lunch right now and everyone is busy with conversations about random topics. Anna and Kristof are arguing about chocolate again. They do this almost everyday now. Punzie and Flynn are quietly talking about something probably personal. They are sitting very close and they are looking so longingly at each other. Merida and Hiccup are play fighting and laughing with each other. Jack is just sitting on his phone, excluding himself from any conversation.

As for me, I'm sitting, picking at a salad that I've eaten half of already, feeling excluded, and anxiously waiting for tomorrow. I have everything planned out. All I have to do is go home and pack my school bag with everything I need. Tomorrow is Friday, so while everyone heads to class, I'll be heading out of school, with my materials in hand, to the park that Anna and I would used to go to when we were little. I'll swing for a bit. Then I'll play in the sand box for a little while. Then, once it starts getting dark, I'll lay my blanket out, and carry out my plan.

Luckily the park has been abandoned for years, so there won't be a chance of anyone stopping me. There is over grown grass and branches surrounding the park so it's not like anyone will see me anyways.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when the bell rang. I threw away my half eaten salad and walked with everyone back into school. Jack was still emerged into his phone and everyone else had parted ways. We came up to my art class and Jack didn't even look up from his phone as I walked into the room.

"Elsa. Can I talk to you for a moment?" Mrs. White called me as I was setting my stuff down at my seat. I nodded and followed her into her little office. I always loved it in here. There are a bunch of paintings and sculptures lying around in an organized mess. The room always smelled like vanilla and it always made me smile when the door would open or close and I would get a waft of the vanilla.

Mrs. White sat down in her bright green chair as she motioned for me to close the door. I did so and sat on the purple chair across from her desk. Mrs. White folded her hands on the desk and took a deep breathe.

"Elsa. Are you alright? You seem a little... distant.. lately. I just wanted to see what's up."

I shook my head. "Yeah. I'm totally fine. I've just got a lot on my mind. I'm also just tired." I explained. I didn't want to get into any detail.

"Okay. Are you sure? I'm here if you need to talk and open for any advise you need." Mrs. White said concerned.

"Yeah. I'm sure. I'm alright. Thank you though." I said faking a smile. Why can't everyone just be like Mrs. White?

"Alright sweetie. You can go paint now." She said with a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes. I got up and headed out of her office. I spent the rest of the class deep in my painting. I wanted to make the most out of my last painting.

I used blacks, whites, greys, and some hints of blue and yellow. I wanted this painting to resemble my feelings I've had over the last couple months. I quickly swiped my brush over the canvas, giving every line a sloppy look. By the end of the class I had finished the painting. It was very sloppy, but in a good way.

The white resembled my innocence being lost, and how Jack gave me hope in such a horrible situation.

The black resembled my father, and how the voices in my head controlled my life.

The grey resembled the fear and the abuse that I went through.

The blue resembled the tears that were shed and the sadness I've dealt with.

And lastly, the yellow. The yellow stood for the happiness I got to experience. How all of my friends made me feel. How my sister cared about me. And mostly, how Jack had saved me.

But in the end, all the colours are jumbled. And I am lost and broken. And I can't be fixed.

I had time before the bell rang, so I decided to add a note to the back. I took a pen and a piece of paper and started writing:

This painting means a lot to me. Whoever has it, take good care of it. Interpret it how you want. But in the end, this is the best work I have done so far. I put my heart and soul into this, and I hope you can understand my story. Whoever you are, study your peers closely. You never know what they are going through.
~ E. A.

The bell rang and i got some tap and attached the note to the back of my painting. I left my piece on an easel to dry so it wouldn't get messed up. I looked at it one last time before gathering my stuff and rushed out of the room. A single tear fell down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away as I walked out of the school.

When I saw Jack outside he gave me a hug and we headed over to Lucy's school to pick her up.

Jack and I had a normal conversation. We talk about how school was and what the plans were for the rest of the day. We talked about homework and the most random things. It was nice to have a normal conversation with Jack for a change. No crying happened, no sad stories came up. It was all just happy things. I'm glad I got to spend this time doing so.

Our conversation was cut short as the car door opened and Lucy jumped in excitedly.

"Hi Jack!" I smiled at how excited Lucy was to she her brother.

"Hey Luc! How was school?"

Lucy continued to tell her brother about school while I watched the town fly by my window. I watched every single thing carefully. I took note of all the people walking down the street. How some were smiling and laughing, and how others looked rushed or mad. I watched the clouds roll in the wind and watched how the sun was sinking from the sky. How the colours of the sky changed so dramatically.

Once we arrived home, Jack and I did our homework together and I helped him with math. Once we were finished I helped Jill make dinner. We chatted about girly things while we cooked. Once that was finished all of us sat at the table and ate in a comfortable silence. Every once in a while someone would speak up and say something funny or something to get conversation going.

After dinner was cleaned up, I got a shower and cleaned the wound in my leg. There was still a gash but it wasn't as gross as it was before. I got out of the shower and got dressed before heading to Jacks room. We sat and talked for a while before heading to bed.

I couldn't help but silently cry as I thought about tomorrow. It was my last night with Jack. My last time with this family. My last time being on this earth.

And with that I silently cried myself to sleep in the warmth of my love's arms.

I don't like how I wrote this chapter but it will have to do. I'm going to write as much as I can before I go back to school so expect more updates. And don't worry, there's still more to the story... or is there??

Love you guys!

~ Kait