17

*this is a graphic chapter so if you are triggered very easily, I'll put ••• before and after the graphic stuff so you can skip over that section. You won't miss anything I promise:)*

E L S A

As I sat beside Jack in his car, my stomach kept doing flips. I couldn't stop thinking about what I was going to do, about how my life was about to change, how everything was going to change.

I had everything I needed in my backpack. Anna was typing away at her phone in the back seat, a small smile plastered onto her face. I'm going to miss her bubbly personality. It always made my mood a little better.

I looked over at Jack and studied his face for the last time. He was concentrating  on the road in front of him, his eyebrows furrowed just a bit. His soft lips were quietly singing the song playing throughout the car. His hair was more silver today than normal. I just wanted to run my fingers through his hair one more time, but I couldn't.

We made it to school and everyone was waiting outside for us. I greeted everyone with various 'hi's' and a small smile, like every morning. We all stood outside the school and talked until the bell rang. Once it rung, we all walked inside the building.

I said goodbye to everyone before heading our separate ways. I gave Jack one last hug. I didn't want to let go. I was going to miss him so much. Once we pulled away, I gave him a soft yet passionate kiss before watching him walk to his class. A tear fell from my eye as I walked out of the school building and down the street.

As I walked towards the park, I thought about everything that I've experienced since I was born. The good times, and the bad. I mostly reminisced the times I spent with my dad before he became a monster.

I was walking through downtown when I remembered the time when I was 5. I was walking down the sidewalk, hand-in-hand with my dad, as my eyes roamed from window to window in excitement. We were going Christmas shopping for Anna and mom. Instead of shopping for them, however, I was more interested in the toys and sweets that were displayed in the windows of the shops. I remember my dad would chuckle at my exuberant actions and buy me some chocolate to keep me calm for the rest of the shopping trip.

I sighed, wishing I still had that domestic experience back. I wish I had a mom that cared; a dad that was kind. But a girl can't have everything, right?

I had made my way through town and made my way to the abandoned park. I smiled at how similar it looked to when I was younger, just more rustic and old.

I made my way over to the swings and sat my bag down beside the pole, sitting down on a swing. I started kicking my feet and letting the swing take my body back and forth through the air.

I remembered the one time my whole family came here. We were happy. My dad pushed me on the swings as my mom chased Anna around the play set. I was giggling the whole time I was on the swing. I kept yelling, "higher daddy! Higher!" I felt like I was flying when he pushed me, so I had this amazing idea to jump off the swing to see if I would actually fly. It didn't go the way I had planned. I ended up breaking my arm. We spent 6 hours in the emergency room waiting for my arm to be x-rayed and casted. I got a light blue cast and had my dad draw snowflakes all over it with a white sharpie. I was so amused with the snowflakes that I forgot it was a cast.

I stopped swinging and pulled my phone out from my bag. It was 11:42 in the morning. I put my phone away and went to the little sand box that was now filled with weeds and other unwanted plants. I spent the next couple hours building a castle out of sand. It was quite tall and had a balcony that I pictured myself standing on, looking over a snowy mountain as I sang a song quietly to myself(hehe... see what I did there?;)).