-01-

"Wake up."
.

.

.

.

"Wake up? What, why?" Without hesitation, I asked that guy who's standing infront of me. He wore a black coloured hoodie while his hands were tucked in the pockets. I turned to look at him, contemplating at his face while he stared at the sunset.

"You can't hold on anymore. You must wake up, or else both of us will die."

"Die? What are you talking about?" I asked again with my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. With that, I immediately moved a few steps towards him. I ensured that my steps were slow and steady while I reached my hand out.

"You'll know sooner or later. Wake up, time's up." Before the tip of my finger get to reach his shoulder, he faded. Disappear, from my sight while I could only recall what he had said.

Wake up. Time's up!

-

My eyes flung opened as if I just had a nightmare, which I did. I sat right up from my bed only to realise that I'm not in my room. The white ceilings, clean floors, and a short, small plastic tube that is put into my vein using a needle— cannula, had obviously proved that I am currently in the hospital.

"Kimberly! You're finally awake!" It was only a few seconds after I had realised my location that I received a tight hug from a certain someone. I was still busy scanning the surroundings that I did not even realise the existence of that person.

That person who gave me a hug finally loosened her grip around me and slowly released her hands completely from me after a few seconds. I was suprised at her reaction after I turned to look at her. Unexpectedly, she was crying.

"Oh my gosh! Did you know you've been laying on this bed for like 3 whole weeks already? I'm afraid that you'll never wake up again." That girl said as I was even suprised to know the fact that I've been laying on this bed for 3 whole weeks. It made me wonder what kind of accident did I suffer from.

"Uhm, look. . ." I said with a guilty look on my face. I halted my sentence for awhile before continuing what I was going to say since the first time I saw her. 

"Who are you?" No doubt, her expression showed that she was clearly shocked when I asked that. It's a little sad to see that she seemed happy when I'm finally awake. But now, all I could see was her face of disappointment. I really felt sorry for whoever she is to me, I just can't seem to remember her.

"And most importantly, who am I?" I asked once again and I could see her gripping onto her purse even tightly while looking at the floor instead of looking right at my eyes. It was obvious, she was worried, nervous— not knowing what to do.

"It was true after all." Tears started to roll down her cheeks again while she tried to cover her face with both her hands. She wiped away her tears and at this moment, I did not know why my heart ached when she cried like that.

"It's fine. Let me explain to you." She tried to force a smile on, as I gave her the tissues that were prepared on the desk next to me.

"You're Kimberly. And I'm Jesslyn. We are best friends and classmates. Also, both of us are 16 this year. The doctor did told me that you might have amnesia, but I did not dare to believe it."

"Don't worry. I'll eventually remember you." She nodded her head before some people came in, after knocking on the door for a few times.

"Kimberly. You're awake. Good, now we need to do a little more checkups before you get to discharge from the hospital after a few more days." One of them said, which I assumed they're all doctors and nurses judging by their outfits.