Chapter Sixty

Carriages were currently being loaded up, as everyone sat outside.

Montgomery had arranged for more horses to bought, while it was being decided who would ride in each carriage.

Louis, Allan and Heath would be driving the carriages, all wanting to continue protecting us, even though the threat was now gone.

This would be a new start for everyone and no one knew what would happen upon moving in, but we all agreed to stay together.

I entered my room, remembering my first arrival at the manor and how drastically everything had changed in that time.

My emotions were all over the place and I have gained such strength in the time that has passed.

I looked at my room, seeing every ounce of furniture covered in sheets, ready to be forgotten about until someone happened upon this place.

All I could think about was how anything had reached this point, but I finally accepted the life that has unfolded around me.

I stepped out onto the balcony one last time, remembering the days that I wanted nothing more than to be free, never appreciating how life had given me that freedom.

Living in Killian's manor changed me completely and made me miserable to be around until I was able to move on from it.

When I stayed with the coven, I remained angry at the world and wanted nothing more than revenge, but here I am, content and closer to happiness than I have ever been.

I know that I may never be content with being a vampire, but I have learned to accept this life.

I think that my life has been bittersweet and I know that as we leave this home behind, a new life will start and I may finally grow into myself.

Rowena ran into my room "Everything has been packed on the carriages and we are all waiting for you!"

I watched her spinning in one of the dresses gifted to her and knew that I had a new world in my life and giving her the life she deserved gave me the motivation.

She slowly walked towards me "Is it hard to leave this place?"

I shook my head "It is, but at the same time it isn't, all for very different reasons"

Louis came into the room "Have you said goodbye to this place?"

I nodded, watching as Louis and Rowena walked down the stairs and it made me smile, seeing my future next to each other.

Despite not knowing what was in store for us, I can at least look to my future, knowing that the possibilities are endless now.

-

It is a short, but sweet ending for the book. I hope you have enjoyed this book. Let me know in the comments what you think and thank you to those that have been supportive of this series.