Chapter Twenty- Six

I removed my robe, letting it drop to the floor as I slowly approached my vanity, taking in every single bite mark.

My nightgown was even sheer, so it did not stop anyone from seeing the other ones that rested underneath the clothing.

If I could just sit here, without have a nervous breakdown then I can take the next step in getting my life back on track, instead of sitting here like a fragile animal waiting to be hunted.

I carefully sat down, trying to remain calm as I took in my appearance.

My hands were shaking as I picked up my hairbrush, which was the only activity that I could think of that required me to sit in front of this mirror.

Over and over, I kept brushing through my locks, staring at myself as I did so, though my eyes kept lingering to every singular bite mark.

Every time I looked at one, I could feel it happening all over again.

I remembered how I received each scar and it was making me overwhelmed, while my body was feeling each time Jakub put me in such a weak position, leaving me unable to defend myself.

"N-No" I whimpered, shaking my head, while my reflects reacted, resulting in my hair brush being through at my mirror, while I jumped up from the seat.

"I did not ask for this, any of this!" I screamed, grabbing a shard of broken glass from the mirror.

I can make it go away, it can go away.

That thought was repeating in my head, telling me to remove the scars if they wouldn't go away on their own.

I took the glass, squeezing it, making my hand bleed, while I started attempting to cut off my skin heavily covered in multiple bite marks.

"Go away!" I screamed, ignoring the pain as I tried cutting the bite mark off.

A knock on the door was heard, but I was going numb at trying to contain my emotions, leaving me unable to tell whoever was at the door to leave me alone.

"Cordelia?"

The door opened, while Christine ran in, taking in the scene, before dropping the blood she had brought in for me.

"What have you done?" she yelled, running to me.

She grabbed the shard of glass from my hand, cutting her own in the process, while I collapsed to the floor, sobbing almost immediately.

"Why did you do that?" I cried, shaking violently "I want it to go away!"

Christine threw the glass on the floor and knelt down beside me "What happened?"

I shook my head "I cannot bear to look at it anymore!"

"Oh, Cordelia" she said, going to take my hand, but I pulled away.

"Please do not touch me!" I cried out, starting to crawl away, ignoring the pain shooting through my arm.

I did not realize I could bleed so much, but I was too out of it to care about the mess I was now making on the floor, just to get away from the situation.

"Allan!" Christine screamed, running to the door.

Footsteps were heard, showing Montgomery and Allan rushing to my doorway, while I was now sitting against my bed, holding my arm.

I looked down at the wound, realizing how mutilated it now was and the shock was taking over.

"P-Please do not t-tell Louis!" I begged, pleading to them.

Montgomery rushed to my side and knelt down next to me, placing his hand over my wound, using his biokinesis to heal the wound.

As he pulled away, I let out a pitiful sob, seeing that he did not heal it, but only brought it back to its current state, before I had tried removing it.

Seeing the bite mark again made me sob uncontrollably.

It looked like I never took any action against it and it made me so angry and deeply upset.

Montgomery stood, staring down at me, as though he were finally realizing the extent of my attack.

"Christine" he said, clearing his throat, while turning away from me "Retrieve another blanket for her"

She slowly nodded, getting a blanket from the wardrobe.

"Allan, please ask Tinsley to prepare a sleeping potion for Cordelia, to help calm her down"

I shook my head "No, please do not make me sleep, I beg you, please"

He looked down at me, after giving Allan a nod to leave the room, before turning to Christine "I am too scared to leave her alone" he looked down at me once more "I fear she will act out again"

"Please don't make me take a sleeping potion" I begged, choking on my words.

"Cordelia" he spoke softly, while placing the blanket over me "Why do you refuse to escape into a place where you are safe?"

I shook my head, feeling the tears streaming down my cheeks "They have just as much power over my dreams as they do out here"

"Something must be done" he whispered to Christine.

I looked down, seeing the mess I had become "Get L-Louis. I will relax much easier with him here with me, but please do not make me sleep"

He went to take my hand, but I tucked it under the blanket, while he just gave a small nod "Christine, please retrieve Louis and have Paul take over his shift" he looked down at me sadly "Do not inform him of what has just happened. I will stay with her until she arrives, bring blood for her to take"

She gave a nod and exited the bedroom, while Montgomery looked down at me, taking everything in. 

-

Another double chapter day. I hope everyone has a fun and safe Fourth of July.

Like and Comment to let me know how you think about the chapter.