Chapter Thirty- Two

I was far too restless as I was leaving Montgomery's office, especially after spending a few hours in there plotting out ideas that did seem too predictable.

"Because of the protection spell, we should be safe" Montgomery said, following me out the door.

I shook my head "Montgomery, it will not matter if they have a witch working with them"

Montgomery groaned, before hitting the door "Knowing that someone will be dying soon only makes this all the worse" he lifted his head up "I am going to order all the shapeshifters to stay indoors tonight, to protect us"

I nodded "I will speak to Tinsley to see if anything can be done in finding the witch working"

"Please hurry" he said, closing his office door, while I quickly made my way down the stairs, getting the second floor to speak to Tinsley.

I entered the room, where Tinsley made a motion to stay quiet, making me notice that Langston and Maisie were asleep.

I saw Tinsley sitting next to Tabitha, while they were looking through what I assume to be herbs for potions.

"Is everything alright?" Tabitha asked.

I shrugged my shoulders "That is yet to be decided" I took a seat opposite of Tinsley.

"What is going to happen to prevent another attack?" Tabitha asked.

"I am unsure, because without the gift of telepathy in our household, we cannot know for sure whether or not it is happening or when it will even happen" I leaned closer to them "I must inform you all that a witch is working with them, especially with the way Christine, Isadora and Lilith have died"

"Could it be someone inside of the manor?" Tabitha asked.

I looked down "I certainly hope not"

"Are you alright, dealing with all of this?" Tinsley asked, knowing that I was far from comfortable.

I shook my head "No, but I have little say in the matter now" I cleared my throat "I wanted to know if there was any type of spell that can be used to help the situation, maybe finding the witch?"

Tabitha nodded "We can try to find one"

I gave a small smile "I'll leave now so that you can back to what you are doing"

As I made my way down to the main floor, I felt as though something were not quite right, as if it were too quiet.

I turned around, bumping into Heath, making me gasp.

"I swear you are far too quiet when you are walking around" I said, stepping away from him.

"Is there enough protection for this house?" he asked, pulling me aside.

I shook my head "I am unsure"

He gave a nod "There is a shapeshifter on every floor, so that helps"

"I need to find Louis" I said, walking away, but he grabbed my hand, pulling me back.

"For once, just once you need to stop thinking of Louis and look around, think of everyone else" he lectured.

My eyes widened "Are you joking? That is all I am doing and besides, everyone is a target inside; they will attack the first one they see"

I started walking back up the stairs, but he followed behind me once again.

"Cordelia, Florence still will not speak to me or even look at me" he said.

I stopped walking and turned to look at him "What am I to do about that?"

"I cannot even go into my room, because she refuses to acknowledge me" he continued, ignoring my question.

"Answer me, what am I to do?"

He sighed "With how close you two are, you should want to try something"

"Florence will not acknowledge me either and until she accepts what has happened, she never will" I said, turning away again, but getting pulled back.

"I understand how that works for you, because you are a vampire, but unlike you, I do not have forever to wait for her to love me again, not like you do" he said, defeated.

Before I could answer, a scream was heard downstairs, catching us both off guard.

Without hesitation, we both ran into the kitchen, where it was coming from and came to a harsh stop at the reality now resting in front of us.

Audrey's neck was torn open, blood pouring from it, while her attacker let her body drop to the floor, before turning to face us.

Blood covered his face.

"Where is my dear sister?" Samuel asked, throwing a sinister smile our way.